Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41478 - 04/07/03 04:24 PM Working in Madrid
e_mabel Offline

Hi, I'm Mabel, 29 years and planning to stay in Madrid for three months (may, june and july). I speak no Spanish, but I have the intention to learn it. I already speak five languages, so it wont be a big problem, I guess. I already have a room in the centre of Madrid, but no job yet. Anyone has ideas? I can teach english, work in a bar, but dont mind either to work in an office.
If you know anything, please tell me! e_mabel@yahoo.com
Thanks!

#41479 - 04/07/03 11:44 PM Re: Working in Madrid
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Hey there e_mabel....if you do a search on the madridman website, there are quite a few posts on jobs in Madrid. A lot of them are success stories of people who have made the move to madrid and loving the madrileno life, but it is not easy to find work there. Your best bet would probably be to become certified to teach English and go that route, at least until you are able to pick up on the spanish language. Since you already speak 5 languages, I would assume learning Spanish would not be a huge hurdle for you, but the sooner you learn it the better. Good luck.

#41480 - 04/08/03 12:15 PM Re: Working in Madrid
e_mabel Offline

Thanks, but I'm only going (plans..) for three months. So I need an instant job in a bar or something.....
Nice line with those words, I started to learn yesterday, looks much like french, and 7 times if I'm correct.....

#41481 - 04/13/03 03:23 PM Re: Working in Madrid
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hello everybody

nope its actually five times no more no less.
and youre right it does look like french.im studying french right now,and finally realizing the simalirities french has with spanish.i mean its more than alot of people think.you know what i mean though wink

#41482 - 04/18/03 06:12 AM Re: Working in Madrid
e_mabel Offline

Okee five times .... My Spanish is not so good yet. Yes, french is a good basis for Spanish or the other way around...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3023 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments