Guys . A British friend of mine was recently stopped in Madrid and "interrogated " as she put it by the police .
By law here you must carry ID of some sort so please bear that in mind if you´re travelling here . For the Brits , a photocopy of your passport should be sufficient since we don´t have ID cards ( I certainly never carry my passport with me ) .
I´m wondering whether this is connected to the upgrade of a terrorist threat in the UK to " severe " ( highly likely ) . Spain , of course has been the target of one of the worst European terrorist attacks ever. Maybe there´s a crackdown ordered by the authorities here in Spain .
I don´t know yet why they singled her out accept that she´s black and I REALLY hope that wasn´t the reason . When I get more info I´ll pass it on . She is not a happy lady right now .
The reason . I´m posting this is that in 5 years of living here I´ve never heard of this sort of thing happening . I´ve been asked for my "papers" many times in Moscow but never in Spain .