Hi guys,
It's been a long time since I posted here, but I have an urgent question and I think this is the best place to get an accurate answer.
First thing I'm flying tomorrow to Spain, they told me security at the airport (Philadelphia) is a pain in the neck and they will make me open all my bags and unpack everything… is this true?

Second thing (and scary) my visa has expired. I applied for the "removal" of my status to a permanent resident 2 month before my visa expired (as I was told). I have received a letter saying that my green card has been extended one more year and I can work and travel. BUT the expiration date on my green card says August 2001. I am so scared… I don't know if when I return they will not allow me to enter the country again or they will put me in those horrible rooms until they call INS and check that I really can stay here. Specially now that they are more cautious with foreigners I don't know if I am going to have a bad experience at the airport. Please, can someone who went through something similar advice me?

Thanks,
Nuria

Oops, I'm so silly I forgot to say that I have a Spanish passport (from spain)