Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#37082 - 07/07/00 04:17 PM FYI: Bomb explosion
Twentysomething Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN, USA
Hi everyone. I read the New York Times daily on the web and just read an article reporting a bomb explosion in the Basque town of Vitoria this afternoon July 7, 2000. No one was injured.

Here's the link: www.nytimes.com
The article is on the right column. FYI for those traveling in this region. Not trying to scare anyone...

[This message has been edited by Twentysomething (edited 07-07-2000).]

#37083 - 07/14/00 09:55 PM Re: FYI: Bomb explosion
likes2travel Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
I was in Madrid on July 12th, and there was a car bomb explosion along the Gran Via. Several people were injured. Here is a link: http://www.cnn.com/2000/WORLD/europe/07/12/spain.car.bomb/index.html
This CNN article also has links to other bombing stories from Spain.

#37084 - 07/14/00 11:35 PM Re: FYI: Bomb explosion
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi likes2travel! Thanks for that link IN ENGLISH! I read on El País the morning it happened (albeit 6 hours earlier in time-zone time) when I woke up. What a terrible shame! ETA strikes again! At least no one was killed. This one happened on the Plaza de Callao at the end of Calle del Carmen, parallel to Calle Preciados, which is on the Gran Vía, north of the Puerta del Sol and between the two large department stores of FNAC and El Corte Inglés .

I spoke with my ladyfriend in Madrid the day after it happened and she told me that some lunatic called later that same day claiming there was ANOTHER bomb in Calle Preciados. They closed the street and combed for bombs, but found the call to be a hoax. What nuts there are in this world!

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 07-14-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#37085 - 07/15/00 05:32 PM Re: FYI: Bomb explosion
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
In Malaga one politic has died after a shoot in his head, another nosense terrorist act...

#37086 - 07/16/00 05:33 PM Re: FYI: Bomb explosion
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
ETA Strikes AGAIN!!

At 4:00pm today, near Soria, there was another car bombing in the town of Ágreda, Soria, the third in four days. Luckily, no one was killed, but one person was hurt. You can read all about it (in Spanish) at the El País newspaper website.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments