Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84455 - 05/23/09 12:31 PM English Speaking Doctors
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed elsewhere (here or in other boards) but where does one go English speaking doctors and or healthcare. I'm thinking of switching to a different private healthcare plan. I have Sanitas but the service is crap!!! You call the English helpline and you only get a message saying they'll call you back but they never do.

thanks

#84456 - 05/23/09 12:57 PM Re: English Speaking Doctors [Re: Rob in Madrid]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Where does one go in Spain to find English-speaking doctors? That's a toughy. I'd imagine going through the yellow-pages for your particular city.

Also, go to the SpainExpat.com page on English-speaking doctors in Madrid (I assume you're asking about Madrid, correct?). Just below that list is another of English-speaking Medical Groups (Clinics).

I've found that in hospitals many doctors speak decent English but this is not the case for general health-maintenance.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84471 - 05/26/09 06:43 AM Re: English Speaking Doctors [Re: MadridMan]
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

I just got off the telephone with Sanitas, you just call the normal line (as vs the english line) and ask to speak English. So I got the information I needed.

Also I am slowly learning Spanish, I'm here long term so I at least need to get survial spanish

#84472 - 05/26/09 09:13 AM Re: English Speaking Doctors [Re: Rob in Madrid]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Also, if you have the Sanitas directory guide that lists all doctors in Spain, it states whether the doctor speaks a foreign language, and which one.

You normally get the directory posted to you, but if you use the website to search for a doctor it will tell you if the doctor speaks another language.

#84478 - 05/27/09 02:49 AM Re: English Speaking Doctors [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
I think I've seen an advert for one in the free English language paper that is in most of the Irish pubs, On Madrid I believe is its name. There are certainly ads for dentists and PC engineers. I do know a good cardiologist, is you specifically need help in this area.

Re Sanitas, I'm with Asisa, completely useless too with regards to filling in forms and obtaining authorisation.

#84514 - 05/30/09 01:46 PM Re: English Speaking Doctors [Re: Jamongris]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
the US embassy American Citizen Services keeps a list, if the request is from an American citizen. I would imagine other countries should have such a list too,check with your Embassy.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2305 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments