Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#39038 - 03/12/04 01:22 AM Madrid: Need som info abt a bank
info Offline

Loc: India
I need to know about City Trust bank located in Madrid.I need to open an internet account with a good amount of intial deposit but I need to verify the authenticity of the same,since search results didnt yield any much info. could somebody help me??
the address is p o box 9024 AV
81-82,Plaza De Expayol,
Madrid.
Ph: 34-647-013775.
could someone check if the bank exists>????Plase.

#39039 - 03/12/04 05:40 AM Re: Madrid: Need som info abt a bank
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
I think it is a fake address. Unless you have mispelled it, there is no such Plaza De Expayol in Madrid. And, what is even more suspicious, the phone number you provide is a cell phone one (all cell phone numbers in Spain start by 6, and the traditional phone lines start by 9, 8 in rare cases). Any bank would have a cell phone number as their main contact.

#39040 - 03/12/04 08:06 AM Re: Madrid: Need som info abt a bank
almohada Offline

I think Torrales mean NO bank would have a cell as their contact number. Also, NO bank would use a PO Box as their contact address.

You would lose all your money my friend...unless of course you are perpetrating the scheme yourself!!

#39041 - 03/12/04 10:09 AM Re: Madrid: Need som info abt a bank
Torrales Offline

Aaargh! :o

Of course, I meant "NO bank". Thanks for the correction, almohada. Sometimes it is so difficult for me to use "any", "every", "each",...

#39042 - 03/12/04 11:27 AM Re: Madrid: Need som info abt a bank
info Offline

Loc: India
thanx a lot guys,
I thought as much...since no bank has a PO box address.
smile no I'm not perparating this myself!

#39043 - 03/12/04 02:41 PM Re: Madrid: Need som info abt a bank
almohada Offline

Cheers Torrales. And info...just kidding. In these times, one can easily start thinking conspiracies everywhere!

#39044 - 03/13/04 03:50 AM Re: Madrid: Need som info abt a bank
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Please be very careful, there are several scams out there (the Nigerian 419 scams and Spanish "El Gordo" lottery are just two big ones). If a bank is in Spain is giving you only a telephone number that begins with a "6," run, don't walk away as fast as you can. The phone numbers that start with "6" are mobile phone numbers in Spain and are one of the dead giveaways of a scam. Please report this to the local office of the FBI nearest where you are living. They are working with the Spanish authorities on some of these scams. That's not too say they'll take too much interest. Someone recently lost $600,000 in one of these scams!!

#39045 - 03/25/04 11:23 AM Re: Madrid: Need som info abt a bank
Nativo Offline

Let's be frank that thing has a strong smell of fraud. You need to talk with a Bank or Saving Bank, they have reliable products for your needs.

Assuming that you are going to be here only for a certain period you will be legally a "non resident" (unless you have a residency card then we are talking in other terms)

You can open an account for non residents.

Reliable and efficient e-branch or banks are for example Bankinter, CajaMadrid, openbank and placews like Citibank barclays have also non resident accounts.

www.ebankinter.es
www.cajamadrid.es
www.openbank.es

In Bankinter, I think you can open a non resident account and they have also an english version of their site.

#39046 - 03/25/04 11:25 AM Re: Madrid: Need som info abt a bank
Nativo Offline

I just checked Bankinter site and they have aqn interesting page in the english version of the site called "What to know when dealing with a spanish bank" .

I think the title talks by itself

#39047 - 03/25/04 01:43 PM Re: Madrid: Need som info abt a bank
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
I could give a few tips about what to know when dealing with banks in Spain :-

1. Never expect to achieve what you want in one visit.

2. No matter how prepared you think you are, and how many copies you may have brought with you of various documents, they will always think of something else you have to return with.

3. Expect the person helping you to be a chain smoker and get through at least a packet while talking to you.

4. If you think you have worked out what hours this bank opens, you'll be wrong. They'll change it the next day just to catch you out.

Anyone got any other ideas ? laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2294 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments