Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#39057 - 03/14/04 12:52 PM Madrid Travel next week
lelia6570 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I am going to Madrid (and hopefully Segovia, Toledo, Granada and Seville) for a week, starting this upcoming Saturday. I'll be traveling with another girl and a guy friend... in light of what happened last week, we decided to still go because we can't let the terrorists win and ruin our Spring Break, but we're wondering if there is any areas that we should avoid or be super-careful around ? And will the trains from Madrid to the 4 cities I listed above all be in working condition or do we have to change our plans ?

Any help/advice you could give us would be wonderful. We're just 3 19-year olds on our first visit to Spain and we're really nervous now.

Thanks ! ~ Lelia

#39058 - 03/14/04 01:08 PM Re: Madrid Travel next week
jomon Offline

Loc: Japan via Seattle
I think you will be fine.
Yesterday I went to Toledo (via bus, 4euro, 1hour). With absolutely no problems.
Wed I will go to granada by train, and it doesn´t look like there will be any problems.

Happy travels. This is an interesting time to be traveling spain. I have been very touched by the sincerity and unity of Madrillenos.

#39059 - 03/16/04 10:43 AM Re: Madrid Travel next week
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Lelia,
I understand your anxiety. I leave Friday night with a group of 15 high school students on what for them is their first trip out of the U.S. I've been to Spain too many times to count now, and lived in some of the most "interesting" areas of the Basque region.

I'm not afraid and not nervous about our upcoming trip. Your thought to "not let the terrorists win" is a good one. I agree wholeheartedly. Go and enjoy. When you come back, you'll think "what was I worried about...I had the time of my life!"

Enjoy!
CaliBasco smile

#39060 - 03/16/04 02:32 PM Re: Madrid Travel next week
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
As for railways, service was reestablished two days ago. Everything works by now.

There is no place in which you should be super-careful. Terrorists attack always wherever and whenever they can, usually in the less expected place and time. Whatever you do (cancel your trip, coming here, going to certain places or not) you will always have a minimum risk. Even if you don't get out of your home. Therefore, why let it affect your life?

Come and enjoy! smile

Fernando

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2321 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments