Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#37480 - 05/14/01 10:04 AM Bombing in Madrid
Robyn Offline

Can anyone provide me with some info on the bombing that occurred on Goya St. in Madrid early Saturday morning? It was attributed to the ETA, of course.

I'm taking an American corporate group to Madrid in a couple weeks and would appreciate any information that you may have. I've read the news articles, but I'm looking for more of an "insider's perspective." Thanks.

#37481 - 05/14/01 11:47 AM Re: Bombing in Madrid
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Robyn - check the European editions of the news stories on MM's front page - under Spain News + try the CNN European edition and do a search for Spain and/or Madrid. Far more thorough coverage than just the cover story on any site or in any paper.

Please remember that not only the elections over but that Spain is very conscious of safety for both their citizens and their visitors.

I'm sure your corporate group will be very safe. Enjoy your time there - and help your travelers to learn to love Spain.

#37482 - 05/29/01 05:36 PM Re: Bombing in Madrid
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
If you read Spanish, check ( www.elpais.es ). I get the daily news sent to my e-mail via this site. They're always a decent source for news.

[ 05-30-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1605 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments