Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83841 - 02/16/09 08:19 PM car at escorial and valle de caidos
karenr Offline

Loc: ohio
We're renting a car in Madrid this summer and driving to El Escorial, Valle de los Caidos, and then on to Segovia where we'll spend the night before continuing on to other cities. I'm concerned because we'll have our luggage in the car at the Escorial and V de C. We'll probably have a mini van (family trip) so it'll be obvious that there is luggage inside. Are there pay parking lots at those places where our luggage will be safer? Any suggestions are appreciated!

#83849 - 02/17/09 06:43 PM Re: car at escorial and valle de caidos [Re: karenr]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
there are parking lots alright, but not sure if remember been guarded. Best is not to show anything thru the windows.the back is the best location. However, I never had a problem ::)

#83857 - 02/18/09 03:11 AM Re: car at escorial and valle de caidos [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
At Valle de los Caídos they only have general parking space. I doubt one would have any problems there because A) it's out in the middle of nowhere and B) because you have to pay to get in from the main road (unless you're Spanish and carrying the proper Spanish I.D. card).

In El Escorial, they do, I believe, have a few underground parking garages for which you have to pay but they're no more guarded than other parking lots. You take a card when you go in and you pay when you go out, either to a human or to a machine. But they do not have guards patrolling the lots, no. Parking around the Palace/Monastery is parking-meter-parking, by the way. We got ticketed in the few days AFTER these were installed, not being aware of the change.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83859 - 02/18/09 09:34 AM Re: car at escorial and valle de caidos [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
But you remember MM when we went there with a couple of friends ... I ( a British citizen ) didn´t have my passport .. An "agreement " was reached , brokered by our Spanish friend , with the guards . Take your passport to Valle de los Caídos ! It will prevent a lot of hassle . Steve

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1942 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments