Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#39862 - 11/01/06 10:14 AM Madrid neighborhoods to avoid?
embar31 Offline

Loc: Chicago, USA
since I will b moving to Madrid w/out a place to stay, I will have to hunt out a flat once I get out there. R there neighborhoods that i should definitely avoid? R there neighborhoods that r cheap to live, resided by lots of students?

#39863 - 11/01/06 12:15 PM Re: Madrid neighborhoods to avoid?
shabba53 Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
There are quite a few good, cheap neigborhoods to get a place. Regarding safety, Madrid is a very safe city compared to those in the states. Petty theft/pickpocketting is the only thing most people need to worry about. I've lived in several areas of the city in the past. Looking for student areas, you'll probably want to check out Moncloa and the neighboring districts of Arguelles and Chamberi. I live in Chamberi before and it is a nice combination of student life and a more mature crowd. Also, I lived in the Malasana district, which is near Metro Tribunal. This area is known for it's crazy student night life and a large gay/lesbian crowd. My wife and I lived there for about 6 months during temprary work assignments. I've had good experiences with all of the areas mentioned above.

#39864 - 11/01/06 01:18 PM Re: Madrid neighborhoods to avoid?
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
the areas mentioned are good,also, if you are looking for decent rentals try the ciudad lineal area around metro quintana. there are plentyof contact at El Mundo newspaper site.

#39865 - 11/30/06 02:28 PM Re: Madrid neighborhoods to avoid?
SRedw Offline

I lived in Chamberí, close to 3 metro stops. It was great and quiet at night. I live on Plaza de San Juan de la Cruz 7, 8-3 and was very close to the Castellana. I lived close to Ríos Rosas, Nuevos Ministerios and Gregorio Marañón and had about 10 buses that took me home. I would move back to my area in a heartbeat.

Shawn

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3028 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments