Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35223 - 07/08/01 05:11 PM What should a female wear in Morocco?
allybratt Offline

Loc: CA
I'm going from Madrid to Morocco and was wondering if anyone might have some tips on what I should wear to draw the least amount of attention to myself as a female. wink

#35224 - 07/08/01 08:40 PM Re: What should a female wear in Morocco?
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I wore black slacks (not the super tight variety you see in Madrid) and a loose fitting, plain (no logos) short sleeved t-shirt. You could also wear a longish skirt. (We got to ride camels, and that's not such an easy thing to do in a skirt eek ) I don't recommend short, short skirts, SHORTS, or any of those spaghetti strap, halter, or otherwise body-baring tops. I wore sandals, though some members of our group wanted their feet protected against whatever they might step in (?!?!?!?) You are going to stand out as a foreign woman anyway, but I think it is wise to be more conservative in one's dress out of respect for their culture.

Hope this helps and have a great time!

#35225 - 07/19/01 10:26 PM Re: What should a female wear in Morocco?
CAN14 Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Just came back. Respecting the culture is the key and keep as much skin covered as possible. Cover your ankles with a long skirt (not pants because that is something for the men) and you'll be fine with a short sleeved T-shirt. Nothing loud or with logos. Go for plain, solid colours. Don't bring any purse, or bags that are easily accessible to others. Keep money and valuable ID in a money pouch under your clothes. If you can travel with a male companion it will make you less vulnerable to harassment. Many other females I spoke with opted to wear something like a wedding band.

#35226 - 07/28/01 01:04 PM Re: What should a female wear in Morocco?
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Hey all. A female friend of mine just returned from Tangier. She told me a joke that I will now translate into English:

Q- What should a woman wear in Morocco?
A- Another country around her.

Ok, as bad as it is it is poignant. I thing we shoul discover other cultures so keep in mind that this joke is just that, a joke.

She bought a big light wrap around thingy (don't know what women call it) and wore it with a long skirt. Maybe extreme but she said it was recommentded to her.

Saludos,
jer...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2689 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments