Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#34515 - 11/04/00 03:56 AM What to wear in November
kiara Offline

Loc: Jakarta, Indonesia
Hi, I'm going to Spain next week so I hope for an extra fast reply Please advise what to pack (apparel) since I'm from tropical country and when I go to a cold place I always think that I packed wrong! I was dressed quite warm but then when I got inside a cafe I get so hot so I had to take off "everything" The plan is that I'm going to Madrid, Toledo, Seville and Granada. After that fly to Edinburgh before going home. Btw, forgive my poor English...

------------------

#34516 - 11/04/00 09:54 AM Re: What to wear in November
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
I can help you with Madrid weather, visit http://perso.wanadoo.es/replay , I use to publish some photos of my room views with all the weather info.

Now in Madrid we are going to winter, last days were cold, with rain/sunny combinations and no more than 12º of temperature. For example, today we are having a cloudy day with 11º of temperature (daily average). The nights are cold but not freeze like in winter (about 3º-7º). Take warm clothes and globes if you feel cold easily.

#34517 - 11/04/00 10:08 AM Re: What to wear in November
budah Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I will be kicking around from the end of november to mid march. Should i bother packing a bathing suit?

#34518 - 11/04/00 03:12 PM Re: What to wear in November
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You might want to read through the thread titled " What to pack/wear " in this forum - it's about weather in Madrid in November.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#34519 - 11/06/00 01:22 PM Re: What to wear in November
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Unfortunately, Kiara, that is the worst thing about cold weather. You have to decide if you are going to totally freeze on the way to where you are going. Or, if you dress warmly, then you have to keep track of coats, scarves, gloves, hats once you are inside.

I have a pair of silk long johns that I love to wear under jeans. They are really thin, but definitely keep me warm. Also, never underestimate the importance of a hat and scarf. Luckily, in Spain you can wrap a nice little silk scarf around your neck and look stylish as well as stay warm.

Budah, what is your itinterary again? Will you be staying around madrid or venturing south?

[This message has been edited by Nicole (edited 11-06-2000).]

#34520 - 11/06/00 01:31 PM Re: What to wear in November
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Kiara, Take, for sure, the silk long underwear and a silk top, preferably long sleeved. Really helps keep you warm and is so thin it doesn't make you feel like you have an extra 5 pounds! Quick wash and dry as well. The silk underwear really works - I live in Boston now and it gets FREEZING COLD in winter - and I couldn't be without it. If need be - I think L.L. Bean and/or Eddie Bauer offer it on their websites. Also fleece is warm - gloves/scarf/hat - and not to bad re "hat hair". Take lots of warm socks - possibly a couple of the insulated kind (some kind of man made material) they sell for when you are skiing. They are thin and you can put socks on over as well. The secret is to dress in layers - that way you can take stuff off and be comfortable. Have a terrific!!!! trip.

#34521 - 11/08/00 06:09 PM Re: What to wear in November
kiara Offline

Loc: Jakarta, Indonesia
Thanks guys for your help. I've got some warm cloth etc now. Hopefully I will keep you informed during my trip. Muchas gracias!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2773 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments