Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#34423 - 09/12/00 01:08 AM How many people speak english?
mantiqueds Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Mo USA
My son is going to Madrid in November to visit his girlfriend who is studying there. He wants to know if he will be able to have a conversation with most people there or will he have trouble understanding? Also since you were talking about the money exchange can he get his money exchanged before he leaves the states and where?

#34424 - 09/12/00 08:39 AM Re: How many people speak english?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
The professor says: Girlfriend will meet your son at the airport with some pesetas to give him (he should NOT change much money before leaving. he SHOULD have an ATM card and some traveler's checks as BACKUP. search this forum and you'll read all about it). Girlfriend will introduce him to people with whom he can have a conversation in English and slow Spanish. Girlfriend will take him to all the best tapa bars, show him the scene. The mother will cease to worry and the son will have a great time! Now as for my son.... will he be safe alone at a bullfight? JUST KIDDING. and yes, he would.

#34425 - 09/12/00 09:45 AM Re: How many people speak english?
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Spaniards have start to study English at the age of 6 until we are 18. In some cases you study English in College. It is a very basic English but it is enough to understand. Your son will be fine. When my husband went to Madrid to visit me (we were not married by that time) he stayed alone at a hotel and he was fine, he could talk to my friends in English (again, very basic) and he had the time of his life.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1576 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments