Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#34230 - 06/26/00 01:09 AM Videocamera
enfuego998 Offline

Loc: page,az,usa
Okay, I am going to be going to school in Madrid this coming semester, and I am very interested in bringing along a video camera. Although I do not yet have one, I am considering buying one. My parents discourage me from that for fear I would lose it or it would get stolen. Well, does anyone know if there are places in Madrid that rent out Videocams? If so, can you give me a general price estimate?? thanks!

#34231 - 07/06/00 12:01 AM Re: Videocamera
jedrosa Offline

Loc: Dubuque, IA, USA
You might be able to rent one out but, it is going to be a pain to get the tape to work back in the US. Our video systems are different and the tapes would have to be convereted. Last I checked on it it was expensive to do this. You might need to decide whether you want a North American or European system.

#34232 - 07/06/00 01:59 PM Re: Videocamera
enfuego998 Offline

Loc: page,az,usa
thanks so much. i will definitly buy north american. i had no idea that the video systems were different! thanks!

#34233 - 07/06/00 02:29 PM Re: Videocamera
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
This probably goes without saying, but not only are the video cameras different so are the store-bought pre-recorded videos. In other words, videos bought or Spain/Europe won't play on your VCR in North America. (you're probably all saying, "DUH! No Kidding!")

Saludos, MadridMan

-------------------
Love Pedro Almodóvar Movies? Visit MadridMan's ALL Spain Market @ http://www.MadridMan.com/allspainmarket.hmtl

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments