Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#36258 - 09/06/04 12:15 PM Cell phone usage in spain
Mar Offline

Loc: chicago/bcn
Hello out there,

I'll be in spain for 2 and 1/2 months and staying in one city. My cell phone carrier (TMobile) informed me that I could suspend my service (not terminate the contract, rather they would hold my number and only charge me $10 a month for up to 3 months while I am gone) and said that I could buy a phone card in spain and use this while I am out there. This would be beneficial for me as I will be making calls within spain to other spanish numbers, hence avoiding the mega roaming/long distance charges I would receive if I keep my regular service from the US. So, my question is...where can I get these phone cards? How much are they? And is there a phone number assigned to each card? The operator from Tmobile couldn't answer these questions and I would really appreciate some help on this. Of course I could always use public phones, as I did last time, but I would really find it comforting to have a number to give out to my spanish friends and to my family in the US in case of any emergency. ...THANK YOU

#36259 - 09/06/04 03:02 PM Re: Cell phone usage in spain
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Hi Mar
The answer to your question is: yes, you can buy a new SIM card for your mobile. I just bought a Vodafone SIM card for using in Spain. Check the site www.0044.co.uk (that's zero zero four four). With the Sim card, you also get a Spanish mobile number. Check out the site for more information. You do however need to have your mobile unlocked if you are going to use a SIM card from another operator.
Hope this helps
Robbieroy

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3006 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments