Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#35970 - 05/25/03 05:03 PM Taking CDs
Snoo Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Well, I am sitting here wondering if I would be hauled off too jail for taking some CDs that a friend copied for me... Are the baggage inspectors looking for "stuff" like this? I am going to fly into England for two weeks, then on to Madrid via Paris. Anyone tried traveling with these?

Also, wanted to share a packing trip that my husband taught me... Toss your dirty clothes into a large plastic "wastebasket" size bag. Then after you push most of the air out, sit down on the bag and completely flatten it. While you still have the clothes compressed, tie it quickly with a twist-tie. This works just as good to save space as those Space Bags sold on TV !
Snoo

#35971 - 05/25/03 05:15 PM Re: Taking CDs
Roe Offline

Loc: california
I´ve been searched a lot, I always have burned CDs with me and I have never had a problem.

#35972 - 05/25/03 05:44 PM Re: Taking CDs
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I agree. I SERIOUSLY doubt customs could care less about your burned CDs. Besides, it's not illegal to possess these seemingly self-burned CDs. It's just illegal to sell them.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#35973 - 05/25/03 07:26 PM Re: Taking CDs
Snoo Offline

Thanks! Whew! That's a relief. laugh

#35974 - 05/25/03 09:44 PM Re: Taking CDs
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That is, as long as your not carrying dozens or 100s of them all with color-printer printed CD labels and jewel-case "original" cover art. You know, if it's a clear case with a hand/Sharpie-written titel directly on the CD then that's fine. It's when it APPEARS that you're pirating that they might take some added interest.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#35975 - 05/25/03 10:31 PM Re: Taking CDs
Snoo Offline

Right... I understand. Mine ( I have about 7) are in clear boxes and have a small sticky label typed out with just the name of the CD. Should be fine...

M.M. How long did it take you long to get your luggage and clear customs in Madrid when you were there a few weeks ago?

#35976 - 05/27/03 04:08 PM Re: Taking CDs
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
No customs agent is going to go to the trouble of stopping a traveler in search of contraband CDs. Especially since most of the city centers in Spain are rife with "top manta" sellers of pirated CDs -- and now even DVDs.

#35977 - 06/11/03 10:06 PM Re: Taking CDs
thijs Offline

I had burned CDs with me...no troubles. The agents were no more intense than those in the States.

#35978 - 06/12/03 09:05 AM Re: Taking CDs
gatawannabe Offline

Loc: Madrid, but from Los Angeles
searched? What's that? There are inspectors at Barajas? :p

Really, I have never had any problems, and I was at Barajas 2 days ago! Like MM said, just don't bring a truck load of illegal CD's.

#35979 - 06/12/03 05:47 PM Re: Taking CDs
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Another trick while packing, is to pack everything in those clear plastic bags, and suck the air out with a vacuum, and apply the twisty tie. Trouble is getting a hold of a vacuum in spain. Don't think I've ever seen one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2768 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments