Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35966 - 05/24/03 02:06 AM Madrid: Dress code at Las Ventas
indioladino Offline

Loc: San Diego California
This is "Mrs." Indioladino. I just need a clue as of what the dress code is at las Ventas for a 40something female (more on the conservative side)but also fun. My only experience is in the Mexican plazas. Thank you smile

#35967 - 05/24/03 05:10 PM Re: Madrid: Dress code at Las Ventas
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
People pretty well wear what they normally wear. Some beautiful señoritas go for broke, and look fantastic. I suggest you wear something comfortable, but please, no shorts! If you are in the sun, it will probably get HOT, and you might want to bring something in case it clouds up, it can get chilly. Be sure to bring something to drink, and rent a cushion for a euro on which to sit. The cement bleachers are hard. As always, be careful of pickpockets in the crowd and on the subway. I always take my camera, but you might want a good strong telephoto, the action can seem very far away. Sunglasses are a must, maybe a hat. Before the corrida you might want to have a drink and a boccadilla at one of the restaurants which front the Plaza de Toros. Ventas is THE ring, one of only two at which novice bullfighters must debut to become professionals (the other is in Mexico City), so Ventas is a big deal. It is also beautiful. ¡Disfruta!

#35968 - 06/05/03 11:09 AM Re: Madrid: Dress code at Las Ventas
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
No shorts, that's a good tip.

Also, it depends on the place you will be seated. If it's a expensive ticket you have, then you will be expected to dress better.

#35969 - 06/06/03 12:04 AM Re: Madrid: Dress code at Las Ventas
Amanda Panda Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, FL USA
when I went I was very comfortable in a cotton skirt, with light button down blouse (sleevless)
and a pair of cute, strappy leather sandels,
I was glad that I wore light, cotton clothing because I had an inexpensive ticket and in the sun and it was hot. I am also glad I wore a skirt because it made me feel like less of a tourist, the women in the expensive seats in the shade looked beautiful, I use the attire of the Kentucky Derby as a frame of reference for bullfight attire. You can never go wrong dressing nice, I got a lot of use out of my summer sundresses. Also you might want to take some extra money for beverages. Good luck with the wardrobe and have a great time
Amanda
P.S.
There were some tourists sitting near and around me, and I thought they looked a little out of place wearing the quintessential American tourist attire of khaki shorts, T-shirts, white socks and sneakers.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2712 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments