Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35520 - 05/03/02 11:48 AM Let's talk shoes!
Jodie Offline

Loc: Dallas
I am so glad I found you guys! I'm obsessed with packing and I still have a whole month to go! I'm curious about the weather because it looks like it's going to be a little cooler than I thought. I am going to Barcelona, Sevilla & Marbella for the last week of May, first week of June. I thought I could get by with a pair of sport sandals
and a pair of dressy sandals, but I'm worried about cold toes. Do I need to bring a pair of real shoes? I've learned from the other messages that white sneakers are OUT,
but what about a pair of New Balance jogging shoes? Would leather be best? Will I wish I had socks?

Also, will I need a jacket or will a couple of light sweaters do? I wanted to bring all shorts and sandals, but it looks like I'll need some long pants, too.

Thanks for your advice. All of the packing tips have been extremely helpful and I can't wait to move on to the actual sightseeing messages (the important stuff).

#35521 - 05/03/02 04:40 PM Re: Let's talk shoes!
HannibalMO Offline

Loc: Hannibal, MO
Skip the jogging shoes...you will immediately be identified as from the US..or Germany. You need to stick to comfortable leather walking shoes in black or brown. I love the SAS brand. Great arch supports for those of us with flat feet. They have some stylish types if you assume this brand is only for nurses or grandmothers! I know a lot of folks on this forum talk about buying shoes in Spain, but I assume they are buying designer brands that kill the feet. Does Spain make a brand that is both comfortable and looks good?

#35522 - 05/03/02 06:57 PM Re: Let's talk shoes!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
CAMPER!!!! !!!!!!

(In response to that last question!)

Also, MM swears by Fluchos and I know there are many other comfortable Spanish shoes--walking shoes, not silly tight heels or platforms that are so high you'll trip!

Take one pair of nice walking shoes (Clarks, Born, whatever--you can find lots in American stores) and then shop for a good souvenir pair too.

#35523 - 05/04/02 01:27 AM Re: Let's talk shoes!
alabina Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I guess all females think the same when we travel! What to pack. My obsesity drives my boyfriend nuts. But on to the shoes..someone said that if you wear white runners like nike walking shoes..that's out? or like a tourist! Well, who isn't a tourist there. I don't go around carrying a map and camera but comfort is important. I was actually going to bring cream colored leather walking shoes, but now I'm told black or brown frown I was just thinking what shoes to bring if it rains? I'm going next wk, if it rains, does it pour there? I haven't even figured out what outter wear to bring yet. Speaking on shoes again, does anyone have any comparisons on name brand shoes sold in Canada or USA made in Spain compared to prices here in North America? Looking forward to some replies from shoppers.

#35524 - 05/04/02 05:53 AM Re: Let's talk shoes!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
ahhh to be or not to be a tourist! You´ll be pegged as different anyway so what difference does it make? If not by the shoes you wear, then by the clothes, the backpack you carry, the accent you have, or the food that you eat.

If you really really really want to erase the tourist from you feet...then sensible walking shoes is in order. The color of fashion for ladies this spring is tan or camel colored shoes, that match the hand bag that match the sassy scarf and belt. wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1605 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments