Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#35460 - 04/09/02 03:15 PM Need help for school project
lkng4info Offline

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to find this information, but I figured I'd give it a try. My son is doing a school project where they pick a country to travel to, and he chose Madrid, Spain. He has already found the price for airline and hotel, but is having a little trouble finding the information about average meal prices, public transportation, and points of interest to visit. At this time, they have been given a "budget" of $5000 US with a total vacation time of 7 days.

Can anyone either direct me to a website with the above information or provide some of it here? I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,
Looking4info

#35461 - 04/09/02 04:07 PM Re: Need help for school project
Artie Offline

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
The budget given seems ample from my experience - I took 5 adults and a child for a week, but we economized as best we could. Museo de Jamon and Botins each have web sites that give prices, and remember that many hotels will include breakfasts. That said, your son should be able to create a budget within the $5000 limit.

#35462 - 04/09/02 04:09 PM Re: Need help for school project
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
WOW, what an enormous budget for 7 days!!!

He can come in well under that if he does a couple of searches on this bulletin board--one for "metro" for the Madrid subway system, one for "hostels" for places to stay in Madrid (though he could afford to stay in paradors--paradores in Spanish--on that budget), etc.

There are several topic choices he should browse--from the main bulletin board page, he can get to lists of postings on food, transportation, and lodging. As for sights, he should skim through some of the "favorite places" postings.

Tara smile

#35463 - 04/10/02 02:38 AM Re: Need help for school project
lkng4info Offline

Thank you Artie and tara for your advice. My son has started to print out the more helpful information, and is getting this project off the ground. I really appreciate your quick responses.

Thank you again,

Looking4info

#35464 - 04/10/02 08:03 AM Re: Need help for school project
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi!

The local buses in Madrid and a trip in Metro cost about 1 €, though you may buy a 10 trip-ticket for 5 € (aprox.).

A bus from Madrid to, for example, Granada, costs 20 €, by train 30 € (all aprox.).

A taxi from the airport to the town center should cost about 12 €.

A Big Mac menu costs about 6 €. A good home-style meal in a restaurant varies from 10 € to 30 € (standard restaurant to a good one).

A coffee costs 1 €. A coke 0,90€.

Which places are typicial?
Palacio Real (Royal Palace)
Museo del Prado (Prado's Museum)
Plaza de Oriente
Plaza Mayor
Museo Thyssen-Bornemiza
Museo Reina Sofía
Puerta del Sol

Hope this helps smile

Here are some links:
Madrid\'s Subway
Madrid\'s Council
Prado\'s Museum
Thyssen\'s Museum

Fernando

#35465 - 04/10/02 04:39 PM Re: Need help for school project
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Even if I consider 5000$ as total budget (including plane I mean) it seems to me luxurious for 7 days, or you meant 7 weeks?..just kidding.

#35466 - 04/10/02 04:43 PM Re: Need help for school project
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Even if I consider 5000$ as total budget (including plane I mean) it seems to me luxurious for 7 days, or you meant 7 weeks?..just kidding.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1810 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments