Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#27752 - 06/17/01 02:18 PM Bullfights in Madrid
Jacque3125 Offline

Loc: 115 Belmont Dr
Does anyone happen to know if there will be bullfights in Madris on June 24 or on July 1? Thanks so much for any info...

#27753 - 06/18/01 05:04 AM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
You'll find links to the official bullring site and to autorized resellers agencies at Madridman's links page. At those sites you'll find the dates for the next bullfighting.

#27754 - 06/20/01 12:17 PM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
According to www.Las-Ventas.com (the official website to Madrid's bullring), there is a bullfight on June 24th (<-Click), but couldn't find anything for July 1st. Their website doesn't seem to have schedule information for July yet -- they're still quite consumed with the San Isidro festival. As Antonio mentioned, you can find links to other bullfight/even-ticket sites on my links page.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#27755 - 06/20/01 12:36 PM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
There certainly won't be a bullfight in Las Ventas on 1st July, because they will be putting up the stage and my seat for the sure-to-be-excellent concert by Mark Knopfler in that venue on the 2nd. Get a ticket....much better entertainment! smile

#27756 - 06/20/01 01:27 PM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Anchovy,

I can picture it now. Knopfler in the middle of the ring... bullfights going on around him. He uses his guitar as a cape... Talk about being in "Dire Straits." Gawd! rolleyes

Wolf (Whose choices in rock dates back to the doo wop period) laugh

#27757 - 06/20/01 03:24 PM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
xtina Offline

Check out www.ticketstoros.com Click on the English version, go to tickets-on-line, and buy. Choose the month you want and you can see what type of bullfight there will be, etc. (Click on Corrida to see more details). You can see a map of the Plaza). It does list a bullfight for July 1st also. My husband and I are going to the June 24 bullfight. We're going to get the tickets on the day at the Plaza de Toros - Las Ventas.

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: xtina ]

#27758 - 06/20/01 04:28 PM Re: Bullfights in Madrid
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Since the architectural style of Las Ventas is mudéjar, it's probably no coincidence that they booked the Sultan of Swing rolleyes to play there.

CaliBasco (trying desperately to be as timely and funny as Wolf, but to no avail)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments