MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#26764 - 02/01/01 01:52 PM Buying tickets for Real Madrid games
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I've seen a few posts in the past, asking how to buy tickets for the matches at the Santiago Bernabeu, home of Real Madrid. Well I've just purchased some today and it could not be easier. This is what you do........

Go to www.realmadrid.es and once there click on either English or Spanish and then on Next Match. A window opens with the poster for that week's match, giving details of all the locations in the ground and also the prices. For example, this week I am going to see Malaga play there and they are expecting a good turnout of support from the Costa del Sol and exiles around Madrid, numbering in the region of 3,000 or so.

For this reason they have put us in an area of the ground called the Tribuna Superior Alta Fondo Norte, which I imagine is as high as you can get without having to duck for passing aircraft! Anyway, the tickets for this area cost just 2.500 Pts each, but if you want to go in the posh seats, it will cost 9.000 Pts this week.

Once you have decided on which part of the ground, there is a number to ring, which is a ticket office at Caja Madrid. This number is a 902 number,(902 324 324) which is a local call irrespective of where you are, (we pay for local calls in Spain), so I wouldn't think it can be dialled from outside of Spain, but I could be wrong there? I'll try and find out if there is a number you can call from abroad. Anyway, the girl in the ticket office takes your credit card details and name and gives you a reference number.

To collect the tickets, there is a special ticket office open from three hours before the start of the game and you must present your credit card you used to make the purchase, your ID and the reference number. Sign for the tickets and you're in!

Hope it helps!

#26765 - 02/01/01 06:51 PM Re: Buying tickets for Real Madrid games
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
It's a common mistake to think that 902 calls are charged at local rates. Check out Telefonica's site and you will see that 902 calls are about 4 times more expensive than local calls .

It's only cheaper to use a 902 number if you are calling from a different city. For instance, Iberia has a phone number which is located in Madrid. If you are calling from Madrid it's 4 times cheaper to dial the equivalent 91 XXX XX XX number. Otherwise, using the 902 number is cheaper.

The problem is that most companies want customers to use their 902 number even if you are calling from the same city and they don't usually tell you which is the equivalent number (eg. Renfe).

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#26766 - 02/02/01 05:24 AM Re: Buying tickets for Real Madrid games
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

That's worth knowing, Antonio. I was under the impression that by ringing from Malaga to Madrid using the 902 number, I would be charged at a local rate. I understood this to be so because I have seen different companies say this in their advertising literature. Misleading to say the least!

There is no official booking fee charged by the Caja Madrid service, although it is clearly a hidden and clever way to charge for this service they provide. Leaving that aside, it still seems to me a reasonable and easy way to obtain a ticket. For games in Malaga for instance, the only way to be sure of a ticket for big games is to actually go to the stadium in advance, or else El Corte Ingles and queue for one.

#26767 - 02/02/01 06:18 PM Re: Buying tickets for Real Madrid games
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
If the phone number you're calling is located in Madrid, then it's cheaper to call the 902 equivalent than to make a "interprovincial" call. In any case you will be charged more than a local call.

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#26768 - 03/16/01 04:29 PM Re: Buying tickets for Real Madrid games
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
ok...I'm on the site but they've changed some things since you first posted. The 'English' link doesn't work now. It will pull up the next match but I need info on Real Madrid c.f. y el numancia. I'm willing to call the ticket office in Spain in advance if someone can give me the number.

Leche

#26769 - 03/16/01 07:23 PM Re: Buying tickets for Real Madrid games
mabella Offline

Loc: miami, fl. usa
We are also interested in going to a game while we are in spain, however both realmadrid & barcelona are playing away games while we are in their cities. Does any one know where `Alaves' is from? Thanks! Mabella

#26770 - 03/20/01 12:02 PM Re: Buying tickets for Real Madrid games
francisco Offline

Loc: Madrid
Alavés is from Vitoria (Álava), in País Vasco.

#26771 - 03/20/01 08:07 PM Re: Buying tickets for Real Madrid games
mabella Offline

Loc: miami, fl. usa
thanks francisco. I guess my husband will have to settle for watching a game on t.v.

#26772 - 03/21/01 08:56 AM Re: Buying tickets for Real Madrid games
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Hey mabella, your hubby doesn't have to miss out on a live match because Real Madrid aren't playing in the capital that weekend. See what vinniemafalda or Miguelito think here http://www.madridman.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000201.html
I bet the atmosphere is even better in the Vicente Calderon now, because strange as it seems, Atletico are actually in with a chance of being promoted back to La Primera.
¡Hala Malaga!

#26773 - 03/21/01 09:00 AM Re: Buying tickets for Real Madrid games
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Oops, nearly forgot! Leche, the number for the ticket enquiries at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu is 913984300.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2921 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments