Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#26833 - 02/03/01 01:56 PM El Atleti tambien existe!
vinniemafalda Offline

Loc: Valencia, Spain
Metro PIRAMIDES
red and white stadium
ATLETICO DE MADRID!!
and we are nicer than those real madrid vikings!
and it is cheaper.
Americans, go there, you will like it.
the people from real madrid don't even shout in the games.
Aupa Atleti

#26834 - 02/04/01 02:27 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
No offense vinniemafalda...but the reason Atlético is cheaper is the product for sale. Don't get me wrong, I respect the tradition and the red/white matching uniforms and stadium, but Real has more tradition when it comes to winning, and fielding a world-class club. It's akin here in the states to preferring college football to the NFL (or the XFL to the NFL now).

As for me, Athlétic de Bilbao is it. At least they're still in primera...

#26835 - 02/04/01 04:10 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
vinniemafalda Offline

Loc: Valencia, Spain
grrrrrrrr
But we sing all the game, Real Madrid people just sit with the cigar and watch the game.
Atleti is a religion, Real Madrid people are just people who join the team that win, we in 2nd division even doubled the members socios of our team from last year, there are not much seats for sale, almost everything is sold in passes for the whole year. We are like that, I would like to see Real Madrid in Segunda and see if they do the same, I don´t think so.
But well, if you like Athletic de Bilbao we are brothers!! and you have to hate Real Madrid too!! :P

#26836 - 02/06/01 08:08 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
You are so right, vinniemafalda. I have just got back from going to see Malaga play Real Madrid. Although Malaga (UNLUCKILY) lost 4-3, it was a fantastic game and a brilliant day.

The game was a sell-out officially and a lot of Malaga supporters were unable to buy a ticket and had to watch the match from local bars. However the several thousand of us who were inside the stadium provided much more noise than the 67,000 or so cigar munching Real Madrid fans, who were so very disappointing with their support. If we hadn't been there, singing, cheering and jumping up and down all through the game, it would have been like sitting in a hushed cathedral!

Atletico supporters made the most noise and provided the best away support at our stadium last year and I hope they get back where they belong soon.

#26837 - 02/06/01 08:18 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Hey CaliBasco! I see your team also shared seven goals in their game with Barcelona on Saturday...............oops, that's right, I forgot - they didn't score any of them!!

#26838 - 02/06/01 11:07 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I'm sure it was because I wasn't in the game...

#26839 - 02/06/01 01:59 PM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
badger Offline

Loc: Dronfield, Sheffield, UK
Vinniemafalda, the Sheffield United Fat Branch and guests are visiting Madrid 1st - 3rd March. We are planning a trip to the Bernabau, but I would also like to visit the "red and white stadium" as the Blades also play in red+white. Where is the stadium situated. We are staying near the Grand Via metro station.

Anchovy Front, I hope you enjoyed your week-end. Shame about the result Did you get to M+S.

Cheers

Tone

#26840 - 02/07/01 02:41 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
Miguelito Offline

Atletico has passed to semifinals in the King Cup, yesterday won to Granada 3-1.
The stadium Vicente Calderón is no more red and white, it has been reformed and now is covered with blue windows, it looks nicer, but inside it's red and white and I think it is one of the best stadiums in Spain. I went twice to Bernabeu and it's really bad done. In Vicente Calderon you can see the much really well from any seat, in Bernabeu there are some seats too far to see anything, also in Bernabeu to go from one front to the other you have to be all the time rising and descending steps, and it's just grey while V.Calderón is COLOURFUL.
Badger you should go to a match, it's very easy to go from Gran Via, you take the green line of metro until Piramides and then ask.
Maybe you can find a souvenir in the shop, sometimes there are good sales, although normally football T-shirts are expensive (like 50 $)
FORZA ATLETI.

#26841 - 02/07/01 10:40 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
canadiense Offline

Loc: Magstadt, GERMANY
Hmmmmmmm, perhaps the cigar munching fans of Real Madrid could get together with the prawn sandwich munching fans of Manchester United for a tea party.

Wouldn't that be civilized!

#26842 - 02/07/01 11:02 AM Re: El Atleti tambien existe!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Sorry Miguelito, I have to say that the Santiago Bernabeu is incredibly impressive and the best stadium I have ever been in, by far. Maybe you are a little bit biased?

Badger, I got to the ground too late, after a little incident with a safe (see safety forum!) and so didn't have time to find out about stadium tours for you. After all, it was about 3.15 and the game started at 5, so it only left us with an hour in the bar! (Cold day - needed a few brandies!) Girlies went to Marks and Sparks and got the grub though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2086 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments