Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26368 - 11/29/00 02:45 PM Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
feebaroni Offline

Loc: irvine, california, usa
Help! What do people in Madrid do on New Years?

A friend and I are coming to Madrid for the first time around New Years. Do people go dancing? are there any cool trance clubs out there?

#26369 - 11/29/00 04:28 PM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Welcome to the board...

I suggest you do what many do on New Year's in Madrid...stuff your body into the Puerta del Sol and enjoy the ambience. Bring a dozen grapes and as the "reloj de antaño" on the city hall strikes twelve, swallow the grapes like everyone else.

Sure there are plenty of clubs...do a search on this site for others' opinions on that. On the 31st, though, if you're in Madrid and not in the Puerta del Sol, shame on you...

#26370 - 11/29/00 08:52 PM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Go to "El Palacio de Gaviria". Good disco (I used to know many people there and I got free entrance and drinks) But if you plan on going to discos or a club make sure you get your ticket on time or you might find yourself without a place to party.

#26371 - 12/21/00 12:22 AM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
new yorker Offline

Loc: ny ny
does the Palacio del Gaviria have a website. i keep hearing about this place?

#26372 - 12/21/00 08:12 AM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Palacio Gaviria (<-See link) is a great place to dance in Madrid. Use the SEARCH link above/right, type in GAVIRIA as your keyword and you'll get a number of listings of mentions about this place. I was there last October and loved it. Check their website, not sure if they mention it, but I'm sure the place will be packed (and probably MUCH higher entrance/cover charge) on New Year's Eve. Have fun!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#26373 - 12/21/00 11:41 AM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
They are VERY expensive on New Years Eve and if you don't buy a ticket in advance (like 15 days) you won't get one that night.

#26374 - 12/21/00 12:25 PM Re: Parties on New Year Eve? (Madrid)
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Nuria,

My daughter tried to reserve dinner/party on New Year's eve and she said it is quite expensive $60+ per person. Is the price typical for New Year's Eve dinner/party?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1940 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments