Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90347 - 01/09/12 04:58 AM Floridita: Go exotic Cuban in Madrid
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
This is a recommendation, there is one oldest in Europe at [url=Centro Cubano by Coelho]Centro Cubano[/url] by Coelho near Serrano metro, but this one is beating the beats in London and Madrid.
www.floriditamadrid.com
great ambiance and food, when you wants exotic tropics in Madrid,and hot.
Cheers
i think they still under the UK webpage
www.floridita.co.uk, cant confirm from work ::)

Edited by MadridMan (01/11/12 05:01 AM)
Edit Reason: to include links and clarify subject line

#90353 - 01/11/12 04:59 AM Re: Floridita: Go exotic Cuban in Madrid [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for the tip, pedmar! The Floriditamadrid.com link doesn't work, but the co.uk one does. Next time I'm "slumming" wink in the Barrio de Salamanca I'll stop in to check it out. So it's a bar/restaurant?? I found this Telemadrid video about the bar:

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90354 - 01/11/12 05:01 AM Re: Floridita: Go exotic Cuban in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Now wait a minute. I'm confused. Is the place called "Centro Cubano" or is it called "La Floridita"??

Saludos, MadridMan huh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90368 - 01/12/12 07:15 AM Re: Floridita: Go exotic Cuban in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
sorryyy, no they are two different things. Centro Cubano is the oldest Cuban resto in Europe, there since 1967!! it is by claudio Coehlo 41,near US embassy at Serrano

then, there is Floridita, that started in London, and now in Madrid, very modern blend Cuban, new trends foods. Nice video...lol!!! yes Floridita bar in Havana is old indeed, Esquire magazine name it in 1957 the world's best bar. But nothing to do with those in London or Madrid of today::)
and on the video the bartender did the mojito the modern way with the stick pushing down the mint or hierba buena;;; the traditional way is to do it with a wooden bowl and a smashing rod of wood!!!then the flavor of the herbs comes out more.
cheer

Edited by pedmar (01/12/12 07:18 AM)
Edit Reason: extra explanations

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1574 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments