Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85124 - 08/21/09 07:16 AM Madrid: Sidreria El Tigre
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Any recommendation of the sidreria the tiger ?
C/infantas 30

Edited by MadridMan (09/23/09 02:40 PM)
Edit Reason: include city locator in subject

#85126 - 08/21/09 07:33 AM Re: sidreria en tigre [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .

Iīve been there a few times Jazz . Itīs always crowded .. normally with young people ( students ) . The tapas were great and very cheap . Itīs very chaotic but I quite liked it . OH and inside is a bit "rough" ... Itīs not a good looking restaurant but good fun !

#85127 - 08/21/09 07:51 AM Re: sidreria en tigre [Re: steve robinson]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Thank you esteve. a lot of for time I don't go for chueca, but I'll go

#85129 - 08/21/09 03:55 PM Re: sidreria en tigre [Re: jazz]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Just looked it up on Googlemaps....some good reviews and its within a few minutes walk of where we always stay. I'll try and check it out next month when we are in Madrid.... around €1.80 for a drink and tapas...sounds good.
() / ()

#85130 - 08/21/09 08:50 PM Re: sidreria en tigre [Re: Jan D]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Jan D . Just remember that it is a little bit rough around the edges and almost always crowded .. BUT itīs a Madrid experience for sure ! I would also want to recommend Bar Ideal Just off Plaza Mayor .. My friend from Alicante took me there when I first came to live in Madrid . I think the owners are from Galicia . It can be chaos but you get a bocadillo de calamares and a beer for about 4 Euros .. The staff are wonderful . That bar has a special place in my heart .

#85134 - 08/22/09 08:42 AM Re: sidreria en tigre [Re: steve robinson]
Jan D Offline

Thats OK Steve, I'm sure we've been to far rougher places. :-)
We do prefer non touristy bars.... money always goes a lot further
() / ()

#85135 - 08/22/09 10:16 AM Re: sidreria en tigre [Re: Jan D]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Well definitely try Bar Ideal ! Itīs a Madrid institution ! All the tourists eat in the Plaza Mayor but this bar is literally 2 steps away and far better , and cheaper food than youīll find in the square .
I go to the square for a drink ... El Torre de Oro ... Go inside and have a look at the photos ( bullfighting ) .. Amazing and bizarre .

Steve

#85306 - 09/23/09 12:44 PM Re: sidreria en tigre [Re: steve robinson]
Jan D Offline

tried several times to get in sidreria tigre but evry time it was heaving with people, if there had just been the 2 of us then ok, but it was our friends first visit to the area... so we had to be gentle with them!!!
Even so they still managed to have a couple of hundred euros stolen from them at 3am...just lucky we took their camera and bag back to Antonios with us. They did get the money back, 4 plain clothes policemen saw what happened and they got it sorted out...but it meant they didnīt get back til 5.30am.
() / ()

#85307 - 09/23/09 02:39 PM Re: Madrid: Sidreria El Tigre [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Never been to the Sidrería El Tigre but what Steve says below...

Originally Posted By steve robinson
Well definitely try Bar Ideal ! Itīs a Madrid institution! All the tourists eat in the Plaza Mayor but this bar is literally 2 steps away and far better, and cheaper food than youīll find in the square.
I had a great (and cheap) bocadillo de calamares in this very place just yesterday! The caņas are large too and one bocadillo and 2 caņas cost me 5.70 Euros! (at the bar) The place was stuffed full at lunchtime, too.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2032 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments