Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83952 - 03/06/09 03:37 PM Live Music in Madrid
tristis Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA USA
Greetings all, I will be traveling to Spain (Madrid and Sevilla) for the first time with my 16 year old son and I have found these boards to be extremely valuable. They have been key in helping me plan our trip and find places to stay, eat and visit. Now I would like to ask everyone for suggestions on where to see live music. My son and I regularly attend concerts in the states and enjoy everything including rock, blues, jazz and even bluegrass. If its live we love it. We will be in Madrid for almost two weeks and want to experience as much of the local music scene as possible. We want to see some real Flamenco but want to avoid the tourist places. Any recommendations? How about rock? Are there any local bands that play we should try and see? Finally, we would love to get together with anyone from these boards while we are in country. We will be in Madrid from March 17th to the 26th. Cheers.

#83955 - 03/06/09 04:06 PM Re: Live Music in Madrid [Re: tristis]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
The Bourbon Cafe on San Jeronimo just east of Sol has rock and blues, as does Fontana de Oro across the street on c/Victoria. (Next to the Museo del Jamon)

#83958 - 03/06/09 10:30 PM Re: Live Music in Madrid [Re: Mongo]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Here I am a 4:30 am ... wild night .. I LOVE live music so i´m gonna post something later .. I need to sleep now .. But it´d be great to meet you , tristis ,and your son . Cardamomo is a natural recommendation .. Flamenco .. Gypsy guitar .. jam sessions .. Bur bear in mind it won´t start until at least midnight ... That´s Madrid !! I´d be pleased to join you .. drop me a line

#83980 - 03/10/09 02:40 PM Re: Live Music in Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
tristis Offline

Thanks Steve, a midnight start is fine with us. I'll send you a pm.

#83983 - 03/10/09 07:12 PM Re: Live Music in Madrid [Re: tristis]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
tristis, I will also be in Madrid from March 16-22 and I would love to see some Flamenco! I have never been to Cardamono, but if Steve suggests it, I would love to tag along too! MadridMan how about you? I know you love Flamenco!

#83984 - 03/10/09 09:44 PM Re: Live Music in Madrid [Re: esperanza]
tristis Offline

This sounds great. We are taking a day trip to Chinchon Saturday but will be back by 7pm. That would give us plenty of time to relax before meeting up. I'll buy the first round.

#83985 - 03/11/09 04:55 AM Re: Live Music in Madrid [Re: tristis]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If I'm in Madrid, I'd be happy to go along to Cardamono as I've never been there before. thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84028 - 03/15/09 10:40 PM Re: Live Music in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Hola tristis! You may have already looked at this thread in a search for live music on the board, but just in case you missed it, click here for some suggestions. I had posted an article from the NY Times and there were several replies that included ideas and recommendations for places for music.

I was at Cardamomo briefly this past summer, and while there wasn't live music while I was at the venue, they did have great flamenco music playing! I really enjoyed it and would definitely go back to see a show there.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1947 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments