Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83480 - 12/29/08 04:05 PM Madrid's Christmas Lights Bus
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
A group of us met in Plaza de Colón today at 7pm with HOPES of taking the double-decker Christmas lights tour bus.

When we got there, we saw a long, long, LONG line which didn't seem to be moving. We asked people at the FRONT of the line how long they'd been waiting and they said about 3 to 4 hours. What a shame.

So we left, walking down the Paseo de la Castellana and saw the lights on foot, crossing Plaza de la Cibeles, and continuing on down Paseo del Prado, more lights and cool Christmas trees, all the way to the Glorieta de Carlos V (a.k.a. Plaza de Atocha) and stopped in at El Brillante Bar for bocadillos de calamares, patatas bravas, and beer.

We didn't see as many lights as we'd hoped but surely by the time WE were finishing OUR sandwiches and beers, the people in the end of the line in Plaza de Colón probably weren't even close to getting on that Christmas Lights Bus.

I can understand why the bus is so popular but that's ... just.. . too much. What I can't understand is why anyone would wait 4 hours - or even more than 1 hour - to get on the bus. I guess most people are more dedicated than I am when it comes to these things.

http://www.esmadrid.com/navidad/busdelanavidad

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83481 - 12/30/08 12:59 AM Re: Madrid's Christmas Lights Bus [Re: MadridMan]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Those darn lines, I can't understand, either, how anyone would wait that long in a line for anything! Though I did wait 24 hours in line to buy Duran Duran tickets when I was 17...Said tickets were horrible but a good memory nonetheless.

On another note, MM, was that picture of you in the upper right hand corner in the message board taken last summer at Plaza San Andres?

Happy New Year everyone!

#83483 - 12/30/08 03:44 AM Re: Madrid's Christmas Lights Bus [Re: laduque]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
bounce I guess there are people out there who'll play the roll of Clark Griswold and refuse the denial of FUN.

Clark Griswold quote from the 1983 movie "Vacation":
Quote:
I think you're all f***ed in the head. We're ten hours from the fu**ing fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fu**ing fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our go**amn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of your as**oles!

laduque, the message board photo of me at the terraza table was taken near Las Ventas. cool

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1853 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments