MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31404 - 04/28/04 05:40 AM Tennis Masters Madrid 2004
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Hi All
I am planning to visit Marid (for the first time)in October 2004. I am hoping to go an see some of the Tennis MastersSeries tournament to be held at the Rocodromo.
Anyone been to this event before? Any hints tips and suggestions are welcome.
Robbieroy

#31405 - 06/24/04 08:33 AM Re: Tennis Masters Madrid 2004
englishrose Offline

Loc: England
Oh how fantastic, I love tennis and really glad I came across this post. I was hoping to stay with a friend around that time so, that gives me something to think about. Right.... lets see if wimbledon is not rained off like it has been all week!! Adios laugh

#31406 - 06/24/04 01:05 PM Re: Tennis Masters Madrid 2004
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Hi englishrose
Thanks for the reply, this post has been hanging around for a looooong time, without any action. October will be my first visit to Madid and I am really loking forward to it. It sounds as though you are a tennis fan - why not try and take in the Masters event whilst you are in Madrid. Have you travelled there before? As for Wimbledon, its not been too exciting so far, has it? Hopefully things will pick up during the second week.
Robbieroy

#31407 - 06/24/04 04:40 PM Re: Tennis Masters Madrid 2004
englishrose Offline

Hola Rob,

How's Scotland? You are absolutely going to adore Madrid. Yes, I went last November/December and had a great time there. Just a really beautiful city for sure and I loved the coffee shops and little bars. Lot's to see and do too. How long are you going for?

I love Tennis and it sure would be great if I could take in the Masters Event too. I went to Wimbledon in 2000 and had a lovely hot day, sitting on Court No.2 taking in the sun and watching a fine sport. June seem's to be more like a winter month nowadays and not summer month! Blah!

#31408 - 06/25/04 01:59 PM Re: Tennis Masters Madrid 2004
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Hi englishrose
Scotland has been cold and wet - both yesterday and the day before were like winter, however the weather picked up today. The weather has also picked up at SW19, so lots of tennis to watch.
Re the Madrid trip: I will be flying down to Malaga for a few days and then taking the Talgo from Malaga to Madrid on Sunday 17th Oct. I have to say, I am looking forward to the train travel, just to see the countryside. I intend staying centrally in Madrid and going to the tennis on Monday 18th and Tuesday 20th. On the Wednesday, I will be back on the train to Malaga.
Then at the weekend its back to (sunny?) Scotland and work.
I actually head off to Malaga in a week or so for a holiday some tennis and some Spaish lesson. Will try and fit in the beach and restaurants if I have time wink
Wimbledon is great, especially the atmosphere. I have been down a few times and have really enjoyed it. If you get the chance, the French Open is worth a visit too.
I am a keen tennis player and try to play 2 or 3 times a week. How about you?
You really seem to be sold on Madrid and any hints or tips on bars/restaurants would be great. I am thinking about the Hostal Bianco II(the one in Calle de Echegaray (http://www.hostalbianco.com/) - it looks good and has had good reviews on this Forum). So if you, or anyone who reads this post, can let me know about any bars etc around there then I would be greatful
Hasta pronto
Robbieroy

#31409 - 06/26/04 07:37 AM Re: Tennis Masters Madrid 2004
englishrose Offline

Hi Robbieroy,

Sound's like you're in for what is going to be a great holiday. Madrid has great architecture, fine buildings and beautiful parks. I would say it's a stunning city for sure. I can't remember name's of restaurant's and bar's that I visited.... the thought of eating and drinking was the most important thing on my mind at the time !! laugh laugh I did like the Irish bar Kitty O'sheas and the owner Matthew was very friendly and gave my friends and I helpful advice. I can't give the location of that bar though - maybe someone else can? It very well might be the other side of the city!? Sorry I can't be of any more help, but I'm sure you will stumble across some good watering holes.... enjoy !! smile

#31410 - 09/07/08 01:59 PM Re: Tennis Masters Madrid 2004
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
robbieroy (et.al.), are you going to the Tennis Masters Series in Madrid this year? Just curious. I'd LOVE to go myself.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31411 - 09/07/08 03:19 PM Re: Tennis Masters Madrid 2004
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Is that the Davis cup in Plaza de Toros or another tournament ? I'd love to see the tennis .. Been a couple of times to Wimbledon and it was great . Haven't been to a sports event for sometime now .. Maybe rugby in England about 4 years ago !

#31412 - 09/07/08 03:41 PM Re: Tennis Masters Madrid 2004
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
There's tennis in the Plaza de Toros? I can't imagine that. That'd be one long tournament with only one tennis court - or could they maybe fit two courts?

The tournament in this thread takes place in the Casa de Campo.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31413 - 09/07/08 06:48 PM Re: Tennis Masters Madrid 2004
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Yeah Davis Cup USA vs Spain :

http://www.daviscup.com/ties/tie.asp?tie=100010173

steve .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3051 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments