Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33576 - 06/03/07 11:52 PM Barcelona Restaurants
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Today's Sunday New York Times (3 June) has an article about five restaurants in Barcelona. They are: Inopia (Tamarit, 104); La Clara (Gran Vía de les Corts Catalanes, 442); Quimet y Quimet (Poeta Cabanyes, 25); Ca L\'Isidre (Les Flors, 12); and Rias de Galicia (Calle Lerida, 7). Click here to read the article.

Inopia was also mentioned in the April 2007 issue of Travel and Leisure Magazine. Click here to read that article. The other restaurants mentioned in the "Best New Restaurants" article in Travel+Leisure include Tapaç 24 (Carr. Diputació, 269); Mondo (Imax Building, Moll d'Espanya, Maremagnum); Lasarte (Hotel Condes de Barcelona, Carr. Mallorca, 259); Evo (Hesperia Tower Hotel, Gran Vía, 144); and Cuines Santa Caterina (inside the Santa Caterina Market, Avda. Francesc Cambó)

¡Buen provecho! wave

#33577 - 06/04/07 02:02 PM Re: Barcelona Restaurants
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Quimet y Quimet was showcased on a PBS travel show this past weekend! Wow, two outstanding reviews in less than 3 days, must be a great place, it appears to be so!
If anyone goes to Barcelona soon, try to stop by and give reviews of any interesting finds!

#33578 - 06/04/07 07:32 PM Re: Barcelona Restaurants
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

On which travel show did you see Quimet y Quimet? I'd like to see it if I can catch a rerun!

#33579 - 06/05/07 12:33 AM Re: Barcelona Restaurants
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
The show was called Best Recipes of the World with Mark Bitman of the NY Times. Episode: Fast Food, Good Food.

#33580 - 06/05/07 10:12 PM Re: Barcelona Restaurants
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Thanks! I looked up the show on PBS and also his own web site . It seems that Mark Bittman wrote the New York Times article I mentioned, so it's not really two separate reviews. frown But, the description sounds great and I'm sure it looked good on the show. smile I don't know when it will run again on PBS, but if you look at the "Episode Guide" on Bittman's web site, it seems that he has episodes about Spain frequently.

Mark Bittman also did the video about Valencia that I mentioned in an earlier post . According to the "Episode Guide" it seems it was part of Episode 1.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2086 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments