Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33052 - 05/12/06 04:47 PM Spanish Beer Rankings
jabch Offline

For those of you intersted in knowing where your favorite Spanish beer ranks click here .

#33053 - 05/13/06 12:46 AM Re: Spanish Beer Rankings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mahou is fine with me.But I don't think I've tried the 5 estrellas, supposedly their best beer.

#33054 - 05/13/06 04:52 AM Re: Spanish Beer Rankings
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
El Rey, if you've had Mahou on tap or in bottles in the bars of Spain it was almost certainly the "5 Estrellas" variety - their most commonly sold beer. I like it a lot but usually prefer the Amstel/Aguila or Cruzcampo if available. These two, for me, seem to produce less afteraffects than does Mahou & San Miguel. wink But all of these Spanish beers, in my opinion, beat the pants off of the USA-based brands.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#33055 - 05/13/06 11:55 PM Re: Spanish Beer Rankings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep,Mahou 5 Estrellas indeed.Give me a couple of cold cañas of that,a few calamares fritos,some tortilla española and a bocadillo de chorizo and I'll be howling at the moon laugh

#33056 - 05/21/06 01:30 PM Re: Spanish Beer Rankings
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
all i can add here it that i had beers in several countries, ratebeers do not know where or how they get their ratings (unfortunately not mines!!)
for me in Spain is Mahou 5 estrellas.
and yes they beat any US beer anytime and on any country.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1729 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments