Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32921 - 02/28/06 10:44 AM Madrid: Cheap restaurants and shopping near Hostal Adriano?
Carlotta Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm so glad I found this board! I've learned so much from it that I couldn't find anywhere else. Thank you so much!

I'll be in Spain from May 14th to May 222nd, my first time going, and needless to say, I'm very excited. From the 14th to the 20th I'll be at the Centro Equstre Epona in Sevilla, and from the 20th to the 22nd I'll be in Madrid at the Hostal Adriano (chosen after all the rave reviews I read here).

What are some places near the Hostal Adriano that offer cheap meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), and what are some nearby shopping areas?

#32922 - 03/16/06 06:31 AM Re: Madrid: Cheap restaurants and shopping near Hostal Adriano?
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hostal Adriano is right downtown, so everything is within walking distance. For meals there are loads and loads of places, I would avoid eating on the patio at Plaza Major as not only is it expensive but you pay extra for being outside.

If you don't speak Spanish be for warned that very few people speak English! I would highly recommend bringing along a phrase book and more importantly a food glossary! The food is fabulous but really weird at times.

also check out http://www.travelinginspain.com/Madrid.html for some great info.

If you PM me a few days before you leave I can recommend some good cheap places to eat.

Canadian Eh!

#32923 - 03/16/06 08:11 AM Re: Madrid: Cheap restaurants and shopping near Hostal Adriano?
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Hey fellow Maritimer,
I am from New Brunswick, but now live in Ottawa...I too will be in Spain from May 13th to the 17th...it's short, I know, but it either that or nothing...I will be staying at the Hostal Bianco...very close to Puerta del Sol. My boyfriend and I were thinking of going to check out a flamenco show, if you'd like, you can join us. Let me know... francegionet@yahoo.ca

By the way, Hostal Bianco is cheaper than Hostal Adriano. Just thought I'd let you know. ( www.hostalbianco.com )

Cheers!

#32924 - 03/16/06 10:24 AM Re: Madrid: Cheap restaurants and shopping near Hostal Adriano?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
(topic moved here from the "Hostels & Other Lodgings" forum category)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#32925 - 03/21/06 03:25 PM Re: Madrid: Cheap restaurants and shopping near Hostal Adriano?
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
too add, if your a seafood fan(rather than a see food fan) than I would just go out and order, they love seafood in Madrid.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2242 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments