Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#32120 - 03/08/05 04:46 AM Madrid: Durero Exhibition at Prado Museum?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi,
Has anyone been to see the durero exhibition at the Prado? How much is it to get in? I'm back in Madrid on the 21st of this month until the 29th with my son as well this time, and want to take him.

#32121 - 03/08/05 07:12 AM Re: Madrid: Durero Exhibition at Prado Museum?
Amleth Offline

Hi!

I've checked their official web page ( http://museoprado.mcu.es/home.html ).

Prices:

Durero Exhibition

Adults: 9€
Minors (under 6) for free
Others (pensionists, students): 6€

It used to be for free on sundays too, but as it is a special exhibition it might be different now.

#32122 - 03/08/05 07:17 AM Re: Madrid: Durero Exhibition at Prado Museum?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Great, thanks for that. Has anyone seen it yet? I really like his nature drawings.

#32123 - 03/09/05 06:03 PM Re: Madrid: Durero Exhibition at Prado Museum?
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

I haven't, nor have many, since it's just opened. But it looks promising. I'm glad you're getting a chance to see it this month because I heard on the news the other day that a number of the important drawings (the famous one of the "hare" for example) are probably going to be returned on April 4th to their original museums, though the exhibit will run until the end of May.

Hope you enjoy it

#32124 - 03/10/05 04:25 AM Re: Madrid: Durero Exhibition at Prado Museum?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

I'll let you know what it was like when i get back. I'm glad that I'll get to see the hare.

#32125 - 03/10/05 05:54 AM Re: Madrid: Durero Exhibition at Prado Museum?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Madridman, sorry i forgot to put "Madrid" at the beginning of my post!!

#32126 - 03/11/05 03:30 PM Re: Madrid: Durero Exhibition at Prado Museum?
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Check that! The "hare" and the other drawings that were going to be returned to Austria, will be staying on until the end of the exhibit. So, that's good news.

As I understand it, the Austrian government said they had been removed from the country without all the paperwork being in order and that they had to be returned. It seems it has changed its mind and will not be recalling them ahead of schedule. So, don't rush down to the Pradio thinking you're going to miss the complete show. You have some more time.

Boy, I never thought I'd spend so much time concerned about the outcome of a rabbit! wink

#32127 - 03/11/05 03:38 PM Re: Madrid: Durero Exhibition at Prado Museum?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

lol, thank you for your concern over the hare murdy! I'm definitely going to see his exhibition anyway that week, as i'm only there from the 21st to the 29th. His nature drawings are almost photographic aren't they. I'm glad that everybody else there will have longer to see them.

#32128 - 03/29/05 12:46 PM Re: Madrid: Durero Exhibition at Prado Museum?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

All I can say is GO!! It is worth it. But be prepared to queue. We waited an hour and a half (with my 12 year old son and my boyfriends 8 year old neice) but they were very good and didn't get bored as they played together well.
The exhibition itself was fantastic. The following day as we drove past the Prado the queue was even longer than the previous day, so try and go early. cool

#32129 - 03/29/05 05:23 PM Re: Madrid: Durero Exhibition at Prado Museum?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
To me, that's REALLY shocking!! eek 1.5 hours in line to get into a museum???? eek Holy mother of.... rolleyes I might wait UP TO 30 minutes but after that I'd be fed up. I'm sure the wait was worth it, though. Glad you got to see it for yourself.

Question: Did they allow you to take your bag and/or camera inside or did they require you to "check" these items? If not, were you able to take photos?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2384 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments