Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31669 - 09/22/04 01:28 PM Madrid: casa mingo location?
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
Wanted to get some reviews on this restaurant (Casa Mingo), where is it located in madrid? I have come across it on a couple of travel sights and it seems to get good reviews for chicken and cider. Would it be best for lunch or a dinner? Thanks

#31670 - 09/22/04 02:33 PM Re: Madrid: casa mingo location?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Great place, Casa Mingo. VERY "Old School" (sorry new-member Old School!) with wooden tables and chairs.

You'll find the address on any of those websites you've read about it and from there you can plug it into http://fotos.qdq.com to see it on a map and a photo of the address.

I made my first visit to Casa Mingo just last April. It's down the hill from the Princípe Pío train/metro station on Paseo de la Florida on the righthand side. It's definitely off the tourist trail - not a place that's frequented by many tourist, I don't think.

And yes, they specialize in roasted chicken and cider. Mmm.. Good stuff. :p

Finally, don't forget to put the CITY NAME in your subject lines of all NEW THREADS. I "fixed" yours for you but please remember in the future. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31671 - 09/22/04 03:05 PM Re: Madrid: casa mingo location?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Be sure to try the Salpicón there. It's like a salad but it's more than a simple salad and it's very, very good. cool

#31672 - 09/22/04 06:55 PM Re: Madrid: casa mingo location?
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
And of course the Chorizo!

#31673 - 09/23/04 01:12 AM Re: Madrid: casa mingo location?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
I would recommend going there for lunch, something I have done at least five times.

Make sure and try the cider(sidra) not to be confused with SIDA, which is the Spanish acronym for AIDS. Casa Mingo is an old Asturian-style cider-house.

It comes in the unsweetened version which the waiters and patrons make a big show of pouring into the glass from a great distance, and a slightly sweet version, which you can just pour into your glass without flourish. We usually get both because the chicken is a little salty and we are thirsty.

Casa Mingo does not accept credit cards, but don't worry, it is not expensive.

After your meal you can cross the railroad tracks and walk up the hill to take a ride on the teleférico, which is an aerial tram that will take you out over Casa de Campo, a large park with lake etc. You can get a birds-eye view of ladies practicing the world's oldest profession. Well not actually practicing, but trying to lure customers. You should know this in case your husband trys to jump out of the tram.

Have a good time!

#31674 - 09/23/04 01:19 PM Re: Madrid: casa mingo location?
Ed S Offline

Loc: Harrisburg, PA, USA
As of my last visit it became my favorite restaurant in Madrid. The cider is sweet, the chorizo incredible, the chicken tender and the atmosphere can't be beat. We had a nice long meal, repeatedly ordering food and bottles of cider all night long. All very basic food, but delicious. And the price is a bargain. Enjoy.

#31675 - 09/27/04 05:50 PM Re: Madrid: casa mingo location?
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
Thanks for all the replies, will have to check int out for lunch while I am there in Jan.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2583 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments