Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31377 - 06/10/04 04:26 AM Madrid Bullfight in August?
David_H Offline

Loc: UK
I would like to see the bullfight in Madrid on August 1st.I will not be able to get there until about 6.00PM. Are there likely to be reasonable tickets still available? I have also seen reference to the www.ticketstoros.com site for online purchase. Has anyone actually used this service?

#31378 - 07/19/04 11:21 PM Re: Madrid Bullfight in August?
mimz Offline

David,

I'm going to Las Ventas on August 8th and I'm also arriving that day in Madrid. I looked at www.las-ventas.com and it looks like for both August 1st and the 8th, they are have Novillada con Picadores... meaning that these are unseasoned rookie matadors. I'm expecting that it won't be too difficult to get tickets at the box office the day of. If I miss it though, I'll try a corrida at another city.

#31379 - 07/19/04 11:36 PM Re: Madrid Bullfight in August?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I saw the novilleros last September at Las Ventas and it was only about 1/3 full.

It was a heck of a show, better than some of the full corridas I have seen. Sometimes the young guys take more chances.

The Madrid bullring is the only place I have seen where you can get a Scotch whisky on the rocks made at your seat!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2323 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments