Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31246 - 04/12/04 01:24 AM bullfight - sevilla or madrid?
sookkwan Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
my husband and i MAY end up watching a bullfight when we get to spain. where do you recommend we watch it - sevilla or madrid?

we'll be in sevilla during the april fair and madrid for san isidro. have checked ticket prices at http://www.tauroentrada.com/ - they only list the feria de abril prices - from 34 euros.

another question is: should we buy our tickets online or should we just buy them when we get there? will the bullfights be full for the festivals?

#31247 - 04/12/04 09:17 AM Re: bullfight - sevilla or madrid?
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
You have to see both ,they are very different.I enjoy very much with San Isidro ,it is the best.

#31248 - 04/12/04 01:19 PM Re: bullfight - sevilla or madrid?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
The Barcelona city council has just recently condemned bullfighting and declared itself the first city in Spain to oppose it. It didn't ban bullfighting but it seems that attitudes may be changing about bullfights. Last summer they also barred children under 14yrs from the attending bullfights.

Personally, I grew up viewing them, though not live but on television. I don't support cruelty to animals (Im not a P.E.T.A. fanatic or supporter), but I think the sport (for the lack of a better word) is awesome. I think it's time that bullfighting be modified where the bull doesn't have to suffer or be killed, but rather fight with dignity and showoff the technique of the bullfighter.

I know, I know....Im gonna hear from the purists about this one! rolleyes

So, is the interest in bullfighting waning in Spain? Are people changing their opinion about it?

Diganos....

#31249 - 04/12/04 07:42 PM Re: bullfight - sevilla or madrid?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
All of the best Toreros try to get on a Cartel at la Maestranza in Sevilla during the Spring fair. But the entradas for those featuring the best Toreros and the best Bulls (Miurha, for example) will be sold out long in advance.

There will be some Novilleros, tomando la Alternativa in la Maestranza during the feria in Sevilla. They will be the best of their class. This is when they graduate from Novilleros who fight the 2 & 3-year old bulls to full fleged Toreros who fight the 4-year old bulls. Some of those Corridas are often better than those featuring famous Toreros.

#31250 - 04/12/04 08:38 PM Re: bullfight - sevilla or madrid?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
There is an interesting corrida this Sunday (4/18) in Las Ventas featuring 6 top level matadors and one rejoneador against 7 novillos from different ranches. The theory is the big guys will try more stuff with the smaller, younger bulls. I hope to be there, weather permitting.

It is a benefit for victims of 11/3.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3028 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments