Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30338 - 05/01/03 01:51 PM Toledo: simple lunch ideas?
AnnK Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Even Madridman failed to find a charming but inexpensive place in Toledo for lunch and a break from the glories of Toledo. I'll be happy with not charming, but a good menu del día for a good price, and a chair to sit on. We're not after a 2 hour Restaurant Experience with suckling pig--we will only, alas, have one long day in Toledo.

Years ago, we were in Toledo and stayed at Hostal del Cardenal. The rooms were merely OK. We didn't try the restaurant. But we did drink wine in its beautiful and peaceful garden, and ate potato chips that came as our free tapas. Very restful and pleasant.

#30339 - 05/02/03 07:28 PM Re: Toledo: simple lunch ideas?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi AnnK! Welcome to our little message board.

I suppose these quaint little places exist but Toledo doesn't have one or two well-known restaurants like Segovia or Chinchon have. At least not as far as I know. Anyone else know of one? I even looked in the guide books but they don't say too much about eating in Toledo.

Our member ABP seems to know Toledo quite well. ABP, can you recommend some place(s) to eat in Toledo?

Mine wasn't bad at all and the price was right but it wasn't what I had hoped for for my one meal in Toledo.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1841 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments