Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30176 - 03/14/03 06:38 AM Madrid:suggestions for the 1st weekend in June.
sean_twomey Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi,

I am going to be in Madrid between the 29th of May and 2nd of June. I was wondering if there are any festivals, big concerts, Real/Atletico Matches (I presume that the session is well over at this stage) or any other big event worth taking note of that weekend?

Thanks,
Seán. cool

#30177 - 03/14/03 07:24 AM Re: Madrid:suggestions for the 1st weekend in June.
Miguelito Offline

1st of June, R.Madrid-Celta de Vigo, it could be played also 31st of May.

#30178 - 03/14/03 09:59 AM Re: Madrid:suggestions for the 1st weekend in June.
sean_twomey Offline

Excellent. Thanks for the information.

I presume that it would be very difficult to get tickets for the match since it is their third last game in the league?

Should be worth watch on tv (in of Pub of course) anyway.

#30179 - 03/15/03 06:16 AM Re: Madrid:suggestions for the 1st weekend in June.
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Sean writes:
Quote:
I am going to be in Madrid between the 29th of May and 2nd of June. I was wondering if there are any festivals, big concerts, Real/Atletico Matches (I presume that the session is well over at this stage) or any other big event worth taking note of that weekend?
I guess that's your 'Whitsun Bank Holiday' weekend: 1 June is Pentecost Sunday. The biggest festival taking place at that time in Spain is the feria del Campo and the romeria de la Virgen del Rocio in Huelva (Andalucia). I know they broadcast it on TVE in Andalucia - you may be able to see some highlights on TVE in Madrid. rolleyes
BTW
Is there anything I should stop for in the Irish Republic mid-to-late May? confused I will be coming back to Philadelphia from Ireland on 28 May after a 10-day 'golf outing' (Clare, Galway & Mayo). See my http://groups.msn.com/Gate5

#30180 - 03/15/03 07:52 AM Re: Madrid:suggestions for the 1st weekend in June.
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Tickets should be available if you go to the Bernabeu morning before the game. Ignore the touts and go to the taquillas to buy tickets.

#30181 - 03/18/03 05:45 AM Re: Madrid:suggestions for the 1st weekend in June.
sean_twomey Offline

Thanks for all the replies. They've been very helpful. This is a great site, MadridMan.

Eddie, If you have time in Clare definitely travel (drive) around the Burren (a landscape of almost totally bare Limestone rock). There are some fabulous views. For a description see Frommers

The Aillwee Caves are also worth a visit if you are in this area.

I see from the web page that you are going to be in Rossaveal. If the weather is good (May is usually fine) I suggest heading out to one of the Aran Islands for a day. Several boats head in both both directions daily. There are Numerous Iron Age Stone Forts and castles etc on each of the Islands. For futher information see Aran Islands

If you look around these web pages there is loads more to do. The West of Ireland is one of the nice areas. Fabulous Scenery. Loads of great Golf Courses etc.

#30182 - 03/20/03 04:25 AM Re: Madrid:suggestions for the 1st weekend in June.
Miguelito Offline

Also, those days is FESTIMAD, a big musical festival in Madrid

#30183 - 03/20/03 06:10 AM Re: Madrid:suggestions for the 1st weekend in June.
sean_twomey Offline

Thanks for the information Miguelito.
Here's a link for anybody interested
Festimad 2003

#30184 - 03/26/03 05:33 AM Re: Madrid:suggestions for the 1st weekend in June.
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Sean_Twomey writes:
Quote:
Eddie, If you have time in Clare definitely travel (drive) around the Burren (a landscape of almost totally bare Limestone rock).
Been there; done that!
Thanks!
I posted some incorrect info in my reply to you: confused Pentecost (Whitsun) is the following weekend. So the Virgen del Rocio stuff will happen the weekend of 6 June. I hope my incorrect info didn't cause you to change your plans in any way. rolleyes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2722 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments