Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29631 - 10/07/02 10:34 AM Madrid:Bullfights Oct.19-22??
ticker52 Offline

First time ever posting and as many I have read I have gotten many conflicting information channels. Here is my question: I am taking my two young boys and wife to Madrid for a quick trip. We would like to see a bullfight while in town (MAdrid) Can anyone tell me if they are still going this late in the year? I have also seen a bus tour that shows the city primary points of interests and ends with a bull fight. I believe the cost was around 175.00 USD for the four of us. Is this a good deal? Is it worth booking in advance or are there tickets to bull fights and tours galore as in many tourism areas? We would like to see as much as possible in approx 3 days while stopping over.

Thanks,
Ticker52

#29632 - 10/07/02 05:27 PM Re: Madrid:Bullfights Oct.19-22??
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Yes I just got back from Madrid today and saw one on the 0ctober 5th....AWESOME!!!!

I believe It ends on october 13th. They have a stand where you can but tickets @ Puerta del Sol but they charge a 20% commission. Its also very easy to get to. Just take the red line train @ sol to the last stop and you can't miss it..

But big yes on going and do rent a cushion.

#29633 - 10/07/02 07:24 PM Re: Madrid:Bullfights Oct.19-22??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
JoeSambuca, was your Oct. 5th (Saturday?!) bullfight part of the Feria de Otoño?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29634 - 10/07/02 09:26 PM Re: Madrid:Bullfights Oct.19-22??
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Hey MM
sure was. I saw El Fandi who I later found is one of the best bullfighters.

It started about 5,30and ended at 8,30

One of the best things I did on this trip

#29635 - 10/08/02 07:45 AM Re: Madrid:Bullfights Oct.19-22??
ticker52 Offline

It sounds like I need to see a bull fight for sure. Can either of you recommend a sight to try to see if they are still going on so late in October or is it a safe bet to assume?
By thge way Madridman I probably live about 1 hour from you.

Ticker52
Troy, Ohio

#29636 - 10/12/02 03:14 AM Re: Madrid:Bullfights Oct.19-22??
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
The last corrida of the season at Las Ventas is usually on October 12 or thereabouts (Dia de la Raza). They may have others in the provinces or at Vista Allegre. Try these links:

http://www.6toros6.com/
http://www.las-ventas.com/index.htm
http://www.portaltaurino.com/portal.htm

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2058 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments