Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29617 - 10/03/02 07:24 AM Madrid: Palacio Gaviria
aine Offline

Loc: bristol, england
Hi,
Just wanted to know if anyone knew wot kind of place this is? If drinks r expensive and wot kind of music they play. Think I might b going tonite becuase its ERASMUS student nite and I think we get to wear badges!Woo hoo!!!
Aine

#29618 - 10/03/02 07:34 AM Re: Madrid: Palacio Gaviria
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi aine!
What is "el palacio" in SOL? Is that, by chance, the Palacio Gaviria ?? If it's the Palacio de Gaviria near Puerta del Sol I think you'll like it a lot. They have three "palatial" dance rooms; one for techno, one for salsa, and one for Spanish dance music. I also hope that since it's student night that you get in free because it's normall, what, about 25€ admission otherwise (but your first drink is free! OH BOY! rolleyes )

And what is ERASMUS? Is that UCM's School of Engineering?

Have fun! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29619 - 10/03/02 07:50 AM Re: Madrid: Palacio Gaviria
aine Offline

Yeah sorry I was a bit vague but I didnīt really know the name- but that must be it. As far as I know it is free. Hope I doīnīt have to produce any proof of student cos I donīt have any current.
ERASMUS students are EU students who study for a year in another European country, they get financial aid+ donīt have to pay fees. I donīt qualify cos Iīm on placement but a lot of my friends r Erasmus student, Basically they give these things names like this, Leonardo +Socrates.
Thanks
Aine

#29620 - 10/03/02 08:24 AM Re: Madrid: Palacio Gaviria
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi again, aine! I'll update your subject line for you. Also, you should be able to find lots of other informational references in this forum by using the SEARCH link above right and using GAVIRIA as your keyword. Have a good time!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29621 - 10/03/02 10:45 AM Re: Madrid: Palacio Gaviria
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Oh! I'd forgotten about the Palacio de Gaviria's "International Thursday Nights" I think I went there a couple of times several years ago, with my American and Brit friends. Beware! we never wrote our true nacionalities in our nametags, so I guess most everyone did/does the same! I remember because I pretended to be Australian once, and of course, all the guys were telling me how I looked like the "typical Australian chicks"

#29622 - 10/03/02 05:48 PM Re: Madrid: Palacio Gaviria
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Free?, no, no the Palacio has an entry fee beside being the drinks quite expensive (9eur).

Andrés

#29623 - 10/04/02 03:18 AM Re: Madrid: Palacio Gaviria
aine Offline

Hate to break it to you Andres but I got in free! Think its only really for girls tho. We had coupons that someone gave us but the boys had to pay. But yeah the drinks were stupidly dear I did enjoy the cheey music tho.
RE the badges yeah I think quite a few people were wearing badges from other countries. I was Austrian and loads of them kept on comin up to me, couldnīt really carry it off tho next time Iīll have to go for an English speakin country.
Aine

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2634 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments