Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29475 - 07/15/02 08:41 AM La Liga football fixtures 2002/2003
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
For anyone who is planning to take in a match while they are in Spain, you may want to refer to the fixtures here.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/calendario_liga0203/primera_vuelta1.html

Bear in mind that they are all scheduled for Sundays, but they are quite often switched to a Saturday and the only way to be sure of when they are playing is to wait until the ten days before the match is due to take place. This can be really inconvenient for people like myself who want to book accommodation for when this coming season's La Liga champions, Malaga CF, play in places like Madrid and Barcelona laugh

#29476 - 07/15/02 09:32 AM Re: La Liga football fixtures 2002/2003
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
When they play St. Montserrat high school in Barcelona and Public School 35 in Madrid? That league? laugh

#29477 - 07/15/02 09:39 AM Re: La Liga football fixtures 2002/2003
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Yes.... frown that's the one.... wink

#29478 - 07/15/02 11:03 AM Re: La Liga football fixtures 2002/2003
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Malaga CF are in the world-renowned Intertoto Cup! First match against the fearsome Lapland Nomads (venue to be arranged, subject to reindeer movements).

#29479 - 07/15/02 12:18 PM Re: La Liga football fixtures 2002/2003
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

We should do quite well in that one. They're a very small side apparently, with just one player over five feet tall, but he's getting on a bit now, or so it would seem, looking at him in that daft red costume and flowing white hair and beard.... rolleyes

#29480 - 07/16/02 09:58 AM Re: La Liga football fixtures 2002/2003
Miguelito Offline

I'm wishing to follow Atletico's return, first match in Nou Camp against Barcelona, and the last team visiting Calderon stadium will be the eternal enemy Real Madrid, uh, what a calendar!!
Anyway, we don't have still the level to compete with them for the league championship... maybe in three years. who knows?

#29481 - 07/17/02 02:27 AM Re: La Liga football fixtures 2002/2003
Marl Offline

La Liga is the best league at the moment. How much do tickets to a Real Madrid game cost? And a stadium tour? If no tickets are available, where can I get one? Can one meet the players, or at least the authentic fans? Thanks for the fixtures! It's a great help.

#29482 - 07/17/02 07:01 AM Re: La Liga football fixtures 2002/2003
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

You're in luck, Marl. Real Madrid now have the method of buying tickets posted on their website.

http://www.realmadrid.es/web_realmadrid/templates/penyas/peticiondeentradas.jsp

Basically, you have to wait until five or six days before the game then buy your ticket from Cajamadrid bank, with a credit card. When I was there, I was with the Malaga away fans up nearly on the roof it cost me 2.500 Ptas or 3.000 Ptas, I can't remember now. Anyway, pretty good value, I thought. Incidentally, there are a few bars across the street from the north end of the stadium and you should go in the one with the green paintwork and on two levels. You will have the best hot tortilla bocadillo you could ever wish for!! It was enormous, tasty and cheap!! I digress.... confused

I'm sure there are stadium tours and it is a very impressive place - one of the best I've been to. As for meeting the players, I would think the best place to do it is at their training ground and after the session they normally sign a few autographs as they go off, although why you want to meet that bunch of part-time eek no-hopers beats me!! ¡Hala Malaga! laugh

#29483 - 07/17/02 10:55 AM Re: La Liga football fixtures 2002/2003
Miguelito Offline

The best places to meet the players would be the hotels where they rest before the matches and maybe some trainings. There are also some restaurants where they go from time to time, although this would be more a casual meeting.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments