Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29393 - 06/23/02 12:38 AM Barcelona Dining near Ramblas/Gothic Quarter?
j3p Offline

Hi, I'm gathering information for my August visit to Barcelona. I'd like to find out where to eat on the Ramblas and in the Gothic Quarter. Price is less of an issue than the good memories a great experience will produce!

JP

#29394 - 06/23/02 11:58 AM Re: Barcelona Dining near Ramblas/Gothic Quarter?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Here's what I wrote in my 1999, 1-month Spain trip journal which included Semana Santa in Barcelona:
Quote:
3/28/1999:
We ended the evening at La Tramoia restaurant 4,528 ptas. with a bottle of house wine and dessert) on Rambla de Catalunya (just 1 block north of the end of Las Ramblas, at the corner of Gran Vía) and had a wonderful late-night meal at our second floor window table.

3/29/1999:
We returned to the hotel for a siesta, then walked back down Las Ramblas to the Royal Plaza and began waiting in line at 10pm (for about 30 minutes, closes at 11pm) for the well-known restaurant (although, mostly by tourists, 3,818 ptas. with a bottle of house wine and dessert) "Les 15 Mits", somewhat affordable, decent-food, right on the Royal Plaza. We had a very nice dinner and finally left after midnight (1 hour past closing) and were 2 of the last 25 people in the place.
Surely Asterault has some recommendations since he's lived in Barcelona for quite awhile now.. but moving to Madrid soon.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29395 - 06/26/02 10:57 AM Re: Barcelona Dining near Ramblas/Gothic Quarter?
Catalina Ciriza Offline

Loc: California
El Pintor near Plaza (Placa) de Sant Jaume - tel: 933-014-065. Absolutely delicious food, but hard to find location.

#29396 - 06/27/02 12:11 PM Re: Barcelona Dining near Ramblas/Gothic Quarter?
GG2 Offline

Loc: Maine USA
Our most memorable meal in Barcelona was at 7 Portes, a traditional restaurant with a wonderful atmosphere and great paella. They now have a website - www.7portes.com .
GG2

#29397 - 06/27/02 12:32 PM Re: Barcelona Dining near Ramblas/Gothic Quarter?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Why yes I do have some recommendations. Ahem. First, for seafood, a good meal can be had at Rey de la Gamba, which is in Barceloneta along the port side. Don't be suckered into a different restaurant along the way...

Traditional Catalan country food is good at Julivert Miu which is off the Ramblas on C/Bonsuccés (near Pl. Cataluña), I recommend this place strongly. It has a great ambience and food is simple and good. Get a surtido or two, pan con tomate, a bottle of tinto, and you're set. Facing towards the port, C/Bonsuccés is the second street on the right if one walks down las Ramblas. The restaurant is on the left a short way down.

La Fonda, C/Escudellers 10, is decent but good luck getting a table. This street is on the left towards the lower end of las Ramblas. Yes the cruddy part.

#29398 - 06/27/02 11:31 PM Re: Barcelona Dining near Ramblas/Gothic Quarter?
j3p Offline

You guys are doing great! thanks so much!

JP

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2318 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments