Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29259 - 05/21/02 03:45 PM Waterparks - Madrid
jonprice Offline

Loc: Wales UK
Can anyone recommend a waterpark in or near Madrid ?
A family park with lots of slides and a safe swimming area is what we are looking for.

As we are staying in the city (4 nights) and would like to take advantage of the June weather, we are also looking for a place somewhere out of the city that has a decent pool where the kids (and Ma & Pa) can have a dip and soak some rays. We will hire a car and look to stay a night or two before heading back to Madrid airport to fly home.
Any other ideas/places within a couple of hours of Madrid that may interest the kids (age 6, 8, 10) ??
All ideas gratefully received.........

Cheers,
Jon,

#29260 - 05/21/02 03:57 PM Re: Waterparks - Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello jonprice!
There is Madrid's Parque de Atracciones in the Casa de Campo, but I'm not at all sure they have a full-blown water park - I don't think they do.

However, according to their site and the link therein, Aquopolis is nearby, but outside of Madrid. See their website (only in Spanish) for maps and water rides.

Does anyone know of any others?

Good luck and have fun! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29261 - 05/21/02 04:06 PM Re: Waterparks - Madrid
Espe3 Offline

MM! The aquapolis IS considered the water park of Madrid. I've never been, but I know that there are buses that will take you from the Plaza Espana. You shouldn't have any trouble finding them smile Have fun!

#29262 - 05/21/02 04:54 PM Re: Waterparks - Madrid
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
There are two more waterparks in Madrid but Aquopolis is said to be the best of all.

None of them open until mid June but here it is the information anyway.

AQUAMADRID

Ctra. de Barcelona N-II km. 15,500
Tel: 91 673 10 13
San Fernando de Henares
Buses: Continental-Auto from Parque de las Avenidas / Puente de
la CEA / Canillejas. San Fernando bus L-1.

AQUASUR
Antigua Ctra. de Andalucía, km. 44 (Aranjuez)
Tel: 91 891 60 34 / 91 891 25 75

By the way, public swimming pools will open this weekend in Madrid. I'll try to compile a list of all of them and put it in my website.

Summer is coming... cool

#29263 - 06/03/02 12:43 AM Re: Waterparks - Madrid
Gloria_dup1 Offline

Loc: Casper, Wyoming
I'll be spending 6 weeks this summer with my four year old son in Madrid visiting family and friends. I've been researching pools for lessons. Check out this site. http://www.imd.es/home.htm It is from el ayuntamiento and list every sports installation in the city belonging to the city government. Jose Maria Cacigal near the Puente de los Franceses looks good. It is not a water park but it looks like a great place. They have swimming basquetball classes. I also plan to check out Aquapolis. I'll post when I get back as to what I thought.

Kay

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2094 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments