Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29000 - 03/16/02 01:39 PM Estepona Restaurants
Spainbound Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
We will be in Estepona for a few days the week after Easter. We would like some of your recommendations for for your favorite beach casual and upscale restaurants. Also, do you have any recommedations for restaurants in San Pedro?
Does any body know if either Estepona or San Pedro has discos or dance clubs that allows teenagers(16 & 17)? I realize that they can not drink, but would like some night life for them so they can dance and enjoy today's Spanish scene.
Any and all ideas and recommendations are most certainly welcome.
Thank you

#29001 - 03/17/02 09:17 AM Re: Estepona Restaurants
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
There are a couple of good places to eat in San Pedro, namely Alfredo, which has a lively atmosphere and people usually order plates of different foods to put in the centre of the table to share. Noisy, fun, good food and very good value for money. Across the road from there is a new restaurant called El Cid which is a bit more expensive, but I went there with a group of friends recently and found it excellent. Entertainment too on a Saturday night usually it seems.

In Estepona there are many tapas bars which offer great value and we would normally call in at several, sampling the wares at each one. Some good ones on the third street back parallel to the main coast road running through Estepona. Turn right at the second set of traffic lights coming from the direction of your hotel. A brilliant fish restaurant is called La Rada and is on the seafront, just after the first set of lights coming in from the same direction.

However, if you have a car and it's restaurants you are looking for, then try Benahavis, which is about twenty minutes drive into the hills from your hotel. You will NOT be disappointed! As the village's web page states "Benahavis, a mountain village, 7km from the coast, is situated between Marbella, Estepona and Ronda. Reknowned for its restaurants, they call it the dining room of the Costa del Sol. It is above all a picturesque place, where one can find 6 golfcourses and incredible mountain views." See what andalucia.com says at http://www.andalucia.com/province/malaga/benahavis/home.htm I don't think there is a bad restaurant there and my favourites are Los Abanicos, Las Cañas, Las Farolas, actually the list goes on and on! Not to be missed really.

Estepona on Friday and Saturday nights is great for young ones and those of us whose middle names are Peter and Pan too wink A couple of discos and a lot of good, lively, loud bars again in the area I mentioned above, this time in the first street (pedestrianised) back from the main road. They don't get going until after eleven though, so be prepared for late arrivals at the hotel!

Check out the Estepona web site. http://www.es-tepona.com/ A must see in my opinion is a kilometre or so from your hotel and that is Selwo, which is the most fantastic wildlife park. although if you are only here for a few days it does take probably five or six hours to do it justice, but maybe one for the future if you like it down here and come back?

#29002 - 03/18/02 09:42 AM Re: Estepona Restaurants
Spainbound Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Mr. Anchovy -
Again, thank you so much for all your info. We will try to fit in as much as possible but I doubt if we will do it all plus the kids are forcing me to guarantee them swim time. We decided to explore Estepona to the fullest (both day and night) and save San Pedro for another time. We will have a car so exploring Benehavis may be a real possibility, even though I am not a real fan of steep mountain roads. (especially at night) Also, thank you for the websites. They were incredibly filled with great information.
We have about 2 weeks to wait and trust me the sun will be sensational!!(I hope!)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2030 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments