Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#28212 - 10/26/01 07:03 AM Heard of these? Restaurants - Madrid
Sara-L Offline

Loc: Ireland
I am heading over to Madrid in November and want to book a meal in one the restaurants 'de moda'. Can anyone recommend one of these:

La Beata
A la Alba
Alduccio or
Balzac

PS: I lived in Madrid in '98 for a year so I want to go some where new!

Cheers
Sara-L

#28213 - 10/28/01 11:57 AM Re: Heard of these? Restaurants - Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
The Alduccio's that I knew years ago started as a Pizzeria in Torrejon de Ardoz - he was there in '60 & '61. Later he moved 'uptown' and opened a Pizzeria, later a full service Italian restaurant on the square across from Estadio Bernabeu (in the 1970's). It was on the south side of the square. I don't know if he's still there. cool
La Beata 'rings a bell:' a mesón across the square from a Church known by that same name but in Sevilla rather than in Madrid. Maybe there's one in Madrid, too. rolleyes
BTW
Your profile says you're a telecom analyst. Were you at the Eircom conference in Ennis, County Clare (Temple Gate Hotel) on 29 & 30 September? I happened to be staying at the Temple Gate that weekend so I visited the exhibition (Preacher's Pub at the hotel and, of course Cruise's Pub). wink

#28214 - 11/07/01 07:53 AM Re: Heard of these? Restaurants - Madrid
el Perrito Offline

Loc: Suecia
The only one's I can recommend that fits your description on the moda (that I have been to) is "Gato Persa" close to Fernando VI and a restaurant owned by a swede named Magnus which is close to Glorieta de Bilbao (you can ask for the name at Bar Estoccolmo on Calle de la Palma). Gula Gula (gay touch) is another one. I have been to a couple more but I have totally lost their names.

Good Luck

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1840 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments