Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#28199 - 10/22/01 08:17 AM GAY AREAS MADRID
Bengbula Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hola!

I'm planning to go to Madrid in january. I'll probably stay there for about three month. But what about the gay areas? I'm not looking for sexshops och saunas. I want to know if there is any safe areas for gay people and if there are some great gay clubs, bars and discos...

Thanx in advance
/Bengbula laugh

#28200 - 10/22/01 08:25 AM Re: GAY AREAS MADRID
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Bengbula! Welcome to the Spain-loving family! You'll find Chueca (not to be confused with the Spanish city of "Cuenca" wink ) to be THE Gay&Lesbian area/neighborhood of Madrid. While I haven't been there myself yet, I understand it to be a hip, bohemian, liberal area known throughout Spain.

There's also a good section in the Timeout: Madrid portal on the Gay & Lesbian scene as well as a list of gay-related places on the SpainAlive.com site.

You might do a SEARCH using the link above/right and using CHUECA as your keyword, searching both this forum as well as the "Favorite Places" forum for previous postings. I know a lot can be found. Good luck and have fun in Madrid!

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#28201 - 10/22/01 09:22 AM Re: GAY AREAS MADRID
beckham Offline

Loc: ireland
Bengbula - check out www.webmadrid.com , there is a section on gay madrid - tells you places like disco's, bar's etc that are gay orientated

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1777 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments