Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#28057 - 09/05/01 12:07 AM High Powered YooHoo's
IcePick Offline

Loc: Seattle Wa
Hi all, started reading about the inside of Spanish refrigerators and started to think what I eat in Pamplona. That ofcourse was nothing ;-) But I drank a lot of these "Choco & Cognac" - a chocolate malt mixed with cognac that was exceptional. THe bartenders here in Seattle have tried to duplicate it but have failed. Can anyone tell me the official brand name of this "Choco mix"? I want to import some so I can drink it here. I'm hoping the name is correct/spelling etc, after all it was Pamplona!!!

THanks in Advance!!!

IcePick

#28058 - 09/05/01 03:15 AM Re: High Powered YooHoo's
Anonymous
Unregistered

We call that mix a 'lubumba'. I can't recall which exactly is, but I can give you a couple of possible names of the cocoa drink: Cacaolat, Okey, ... I thinlk it may be Cacaolat.
--------------------
I have just spoken with a friend of mine who lives in La Rioja (about 50 to 70 miles from PAmplona), and he thinks it is Kaiku (a basque make), so it will be difficult to find outside the Basque country and whereabouts.

Ignacio

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: Ignacio ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1863 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments