Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#27262 - 03/21/01 04:17 PM Vegetarian in Madrid
Heather2001 Offline

Loc: Warwick, England
I'm taking my husband to Madrid for a weekend's fortieth birthday. We're both vegetarian, which isn't usually a probably for cafe style stuff. But I would really like to know in advance of an excellent veg restaurant for our saturday night. It needn't be exclusively veg - a good atmosphere with a few veggie choices would be more than acceptable. Even better an atmospheric, latino-music restaurant with some top veg choices..... is this too much to ask? Anybody have any suggestions?

#27263 - 03/21/01 04:25 PM Re: Vegetarian in Madrid
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
I've lived here a long time and being a vegetarian can be a challenge. There are lots of veggie restaurants, but most tend to be dull new-age no fun brown rice type eateries. Try, however, Artemisa on Calle Ventura La Vega (Metro Sol or Sevilla). Good tasty veggie food. My favourite is the non-vegetarian Mexican restaurant El Alamillo in the picturesque Plaza Alamillo (in the old quarter, 10 min. walk from Plaza Mayor) where the staff are helpful and will do anything to help. Ask for Rita, one of the owners. She'll know what you want, ie vegetarians don't eat ham, sausage etc. Best of luck.

#27264 - 03/21/01 04:51 PM Re: Vegetarian in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Welcome Heather2001 and Barry (in Madrid!!) to the message board!!!!!! What luck that Barry [i]is[/b] a vegetarian AND living IN Madrid! We love firsthand information around here.

Also Heather2001, you'll find a few other useful threads in this forum by using the SEARCH link above/right and typing VEGETARIAN as your keyword. Have a GREAT trip and please return to this, your thread to tell us which veggie places you visited, which you liked, what you ate, and any other useful tips you think other vegetarians visiting Spain could use. Thanks!!! Welcome!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#27265 - 03/21/01 05:04 PM Re: Vegetarian in Madrid
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Heather,

Have you checked other posts about vegetarian restaurants in Madrid?. Use the search option you have in this board and you will find more information about the subject.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3033 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments