Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#26055 - 10/11/00 12:48 AM Wealth of Information
Chilepepper1 Offline

Loc: S. Ogden, Utah USA
Hello from a new fan,
I just wanted to say that I am so happy to have found Madridman's Bulletin Board. For several weeks now I have been researching books of Spain. I have been to my local Library for information, been through several web sites but now I'm finally here. I have got to say that this has been a great site to view, I have gotten all the information I have been looking just reading Madridman's Bulletin Board. In two years I am planning a trip to Spain and I wanted to know what to look for, entertainment, transportation, lodging and food. Your knowledge of Spain and the information everyone provides is a "Wealth of Information", just about all of my questions that I have been looking for have been answered. I do not tire of reading what people have to say about Spain. It sounds like a wonderful place! I would love to hear more about the small places to eat that serve heavenly food. In my travels I have learned that to really enjoy food, one should go where the locals hang out because who better to follow than those that know where the food is the best. I would appreciate to hear more about small places that are cheap to eat at that might be out of the way but yet walking distance or a metro ride away from the heart of everything.
I have written down the recommendations your writers have given, such as the Museo de Jamon, El Brillante, Amarillo, the Chureria's, Cafeteria Hermanos, etc.... I would appreciate any other's you all may suggest. I am definitely going to feel quite comfortable going to Spain because I have more of an idea what to do, where to go and places to stay. Thank You for having such an informative Bulletin Board Madridman.

Sincerely,

Mireya

#26056 - 10/11/00 12:50 PM Re: Wealth of Information
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
well you came to the right place!!!!!!1 I always suggest the Meson de Champinones along the Arco de Cuchilleros. The Arcos de Cuchilleros is along Plaza Mayor, which is right near Sol. The Meson de Champinones sells sauteed mushrooms and Sangria!!! The best mushrooms you have ever eaten in your life!!! I am also a El Escorial enthusiast!!! San Lorenzo del El Escorial is a small town outside of Madrid. That is a wonderful place to go to relax and soak up small town atmosphere. In that town stands the Monastery called the El Escorial built by Phillip II between 1563 and 1584. It is very majestic and breathtaking. You can also go up to the chair of Phillip II and see a view of the entire town. The chair of Phillip II is where Phillip II would be carried to every day to go sit and watch the monastery being built. I always suggest just spending alot of time walking around Madrid and finding it's hidden treasures. I hope I gave you some useful information and I will see you in Madrid!!!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010

#26057 - 10/11/00 03:30 PM Re: Wealth of Information
jmg Offline

Loc: farmington hills, MI USA
Thank you, Madridman Bulletin people & MissMadrid, especially for directions to the mushroom tapas. My husband & I will be in Madrid next Tuesday & can't wait to try everything we have heard about( except the pickpockets!) Hope to see Madridman wandering the streets on his last days of his journey!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1578 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments