Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88181 - 09/08/10 11:24 AM Madrid Tapas - (Chorizo Specifically)
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
A year or so ago I was in Vitoria-Gasteiz and had a chorizo tapa that I loved. It was a small piece of sausage that I cooked myself at the bar. They had a little pig-shaped holder that they poured some sort of high proof alcohol in the bottom, lit it on fire, and then I rosted the chunk of chorizo until it was cooked to my satisfaction.

Ever seen this in a bar in Madrid? Because it was fantastic!
OR>>>> any places that have a great (warm/hot) chorizo tapa that I should not miss?

#88184 - 09/09/10 06:06 AM Re: Madrid Tapas - (Chorizo Specifically) [Re: La Sorpresa]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I´ve never seen an opportunity to cook chorizo ... The only self-cooking place i´ve been to is a restaurant called Urogallo ( Metro Lago ) . Right by the lake where you cook your own steak .. absolutely superb .
In many of the Asturian sidrerías in Madrid you can order chorizo cooked in Asturian cider ... served with bread .. it´s really good !
We´ve cooked chorizo ( picante ) on the little BBQ we have on our balcony and we had some great chorizo at a bullfighting ranch in Navalcarnero ( near Madrid ) .. That was on a big BBQ with morcilla ( i´m drooling even thinking about it ) , chicken , some beef ... washed down with plenty of sangria before I went to the bullring . That small bull probably got drunk from the fumes , but it was fun I probably would not have stood in front of the bull otherwise .
So in summary , i´d say your best choice would be an Asturian sidrería for chorizo and there are quite a few in the centre of Madrid .

#88187 - 09/09/10 09:50 AM Re: Madrid Tapas - (Chorizo Specifically) [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
oh yes chorizo is glorious, get my original here from a spanish expat store. My father does it in an omelette , wonderful, you can do it in cider ,the Asturian way as Steve mentioned, but also in beer try Mahou ::)

Cheers

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1603 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments