Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85610 - 10/28/09 04:32 PM Madrid: Salas Rocieras
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
Hola a todos!

I will be returning to madrid for a short trip (Nov. 7th til 9th). I do feel like dancing Sevillanas and I am trying to find a Sala Rociera. So far I found the Almonte, which looks nice.
Anyone know this place? Ever been there? Would it be a problem to show up there alone as a woman? Any other suggestions?
All information would be greatly appreciated.

Muchísimas gracias!

Saludos,
la calma

#85613 - 10/29/09 06:02 AM Re: Madrid: Salas Rocieras [Re: la calma]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Originally Posted By la calma
... I will be returning to madrid for a short trip (Nov. 7th til 9th). I do feel like dancing Sevillanas and I am trying to find a Sala Rociera. So far I found the Almonte, which looks nice.
Anyone know this place? Ever been there? Would it be a problem to show up there alone as a woman? Any other suggestions?
All information would be greatly appreciated.
Almonte is the name of the town closest to Santuario de la Virgen de Rocio in Huelva, so, you may have found the only/best place!

My (wife's) sister-in-law is a young widow (60-something). She belongs to a ladies group that gets together every month to dance Rocieras: each year they do a pilgrimage (Pentecost weekend) to participate in the Feria del Campo from Sevilla to el Rocio.clap

It's unlikely that you'll be able to accomplish much in 2-days but a woman showing up alone shouldn't be a problem, especially an Alemana who speaks Spanish.
!Suerte!

#85646 - 11/03/09 05:23 PM Re: Madrid: Salas Rocieras [Re: Eddie]
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
Hola, Eddie!

Thanks! That sounds rather encouraging - I think I will try this. I have danced Sevillanas before and am looking forward to do it again.
Muchas Gracias!

la calma

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2608 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments